TOP EEPROM USB programmers on eBay?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jonathan KC8RYW

TOP EEPROM USB programmers on eBay?

Post by Jonathan KC8RYW »

I'm a little skeptical as the Word version of the manual was written in "Engrish" -- poorly translated.

No surprise -- they ship from China.

Has anyone used one of these? How'd it work?

(PS: I posted this in this forum as fellow BatLabbers might be interested in using this to program EPROMs for their Syntor or Syntor X mobiles.)
73 DE KC8RYW
Random Motorola Part Number:
SYN1894B - V3m Sprint-branded Battery Cover
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Re: TOP EEPROM USB programmers on eBay?

Post by kc7gr »

Jonathan KC8RYW wrote:I'm a little skeptical as the Word version of the manual was written in "Engrish" -- poorly translated.

No surprise -- they ship from China.

Has anyone used one of these? How'd it work?

(PS: I posted this in this forum as fellow BatLabbers might be interested in using this to program EPROMs for their Syntor or Syntor X mobiles.)
Honestly, I'm leery of any such hardware that doesn't have the name 'Data I/O,' 'Advin,' 'BP Microsystems,' 'Logical Devices,' or 'Needham' on it.

It is soooooo easy to screw up a device with a poorly-done programmer, and I will add that the cheap ones are generally limited to a narrow range of devices, or even a single device family.

I would suggest googling for the name of the programmer you're looking at with "Review" or "Reviews" as part of the search string.

Happy hunting.
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."

Return to “Radio Programming”