MTS2000 Making radio decode mdc1200

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ctshakedwn
New User

MTS2000 Making radio decode mdc1200

Post by ctshakedwn »

Does anyone out there know how I can make my radio decode MDC id as well as encode the id? Iam using MTS Radio CPS Version R02.01.00 windows.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: MTS2000 Making radio decode mdc1200

Post by Mfire39 »

What's the flashcode and firmware version in the radio?

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
ctshakedwn
New User

Post by ctshakedwn »

flashcode 000001-000000-9

firmware == unknown
emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Post by emsbuff3240 »

first you need to know the firmware revision and flashcode. both can be determined by powering up the radio and when it completes self test, pressing the lower side button above the PTT switch.

The firmware will appear as: Rxx.xx, I dont remember the firmware you need for this off the top of my head but its 5.something
The flashcode will say flashcd and then appear on the screen one segment at a time.
http://www.akardam.net/moto/decode2.pl?do=flashcode You can type your flashcode in here and if the radio has the Q181 MDC1200 Stat Alert feature enabled it will be able to decode and display the MDC ID on the screen.

In the CPS, you need to enable the signalling on the personality with a PTT id with the MDC system you want to use.
Then go to the MDC tab and select call alert decode
Under Display and Menu config set the Caller ID to ID only or Alias Text, ID only will display the MDC ID on screen, Alias text will only display the ID's put in your call list.

Hope this helps.

-Jon
-Jon
emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Post by emsbuff3240 »

That flashcode does not support the MDC decoding.

You can try with the instructions I gave you but I doubt it will work.
-Jon
ctshakedwn
New User

Post by ctshakedwn »

Ok Thanks for the info. Mike :(

Return to “Radio Programming”