Out of Band hack for HT1550-XLS - Pro CPS ver 6.04

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DES-AJ
What radios do you own?: Too many...

Out of Band hack for HT1550-XLS - Pro CPS ver 6.04

Post by DES-AJ »

Anyone done this and had it worked? The normal HEX strings that work in XTS Astro CPS don't work in this version and don't appear in the .exe either... Can anyone shed some light? Would like to get my R split up a few Mhz.

Cheers,
AJ
AES AND DES ARE NOT CCI's - YOU CAN EXPORT THEM IF YOU WANT - Wassenaar Arrangement
emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Re: Out of Band hack for HT1550-XLS - Pro CPS ver 6.04

Post by emsbuff3240 »

I'm pretty sure you cant hack the band limits on a waris portable...

Something about the bandsplit info is stored in the radio and not the CPS.
-Jon
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

exactly, this has been covered on here many many times, the band information is stored in the firmware of the radio, not the cps so you can't take them out of band.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
akardam

Post by akardam »

Read through this thread:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=3747

Covers using the FPP capabilty of a HT1550XLS to nudge out of band.
AlexR
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by AlexR »

Yes, in WARIS series radios the bansplit info is stored in radio, not in CPS - but not in the firmware (FlashROM) - it is a part of codeplug
(i.e stored in EEPROM) and therefore can be easily changed. The only problem is to find a position and format in which bandsplit data is presented - these things are absolutely different depending on radio family: Select V, MDC, MPT, SmartZone etc.
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

Bandsplit has nothing to do with firmware.. but HLA will never understand that... even after multiple attempts.

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

:D
d119

Post by d119 »

The Pager Geek wrote:Bandsplit has nothing to do with firmware.. but HLA will never understand that... even after multiple attempts.

tpg
Is it the Cowtheif syndrome?
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

Yup
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Hello.

The FPP Spectra can not be taken out of band.
The bandsplits are stored in the SP firmware in the railroad clean cab chassis.
I believe the same is true for the FPP ASTRO HT1550.
akardam

Post by akardam »

Alright guys... back on topic.
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Now THIS is interesting!

Post by kc7gr »

Fellow experimenters,

Something new has surfaced on this topic.

Recall that at least one other person, while hex-editing 'ProRadio.exe,' found references to a 'Debug' mode, and to 'Blast Codeplug' options. There was, at the time, much speculation about how to get the CPS into this mode.

I tried the obvious today -- opening a command line, and running ProRadio.exe /debug -- and darned if it didn't bring up a window that I'd never seen before (and, to be honest, wasn't quite sure how to work with). This was in version R06.08.00.

I don't have the time to follow up on it at the moment, but I would be curious to know what others may learn. Perhaps other versions will exhibit the same behavior?

Happy tweaking.
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."
Hightower

Re: Now THIS is interesting!

Post by Hightower »

kc7gr wrote:Fellow experimenters,

Something new has surfaced on this topic.

Recall that at least one other person, while hex-editing 'ProRadio.exe,' found references to a 'Debug' mode, and to 'Blast Codeplug' options. There was, at the time, much speculation about how to get the CPS into this mode.

I tried the obvious today -- opening a command line, and running ProRadio.exe /debug -- and darned if it didn't bring up a window that I'd never seen before (and, to be honest, wasn't quite sure how to work with). This was in version R06.08.00.

I don't have the time to follow up on it at the moment, but I would be curious to know what others may learn. Perhaps other versions will exhibit the same behavior?

Happy tweaking.
Any luck getting it to generate a codeplug. I haven't been able to get it to work, keep getting error.
d119

Post by d119 »

Seems that by copying all the applicable DLL files from \Program Files\Common Files\Motorola\RDK\ into the Pro Series CPS directory, executing "ProRadio.exe /" or "ProRadio.exe -" brings up some funky window that just has ProRadio listed a bunch of times, double-clicking one of them brings up a window asking for a Version String and Model Number, and some funky registry type stuff.

This is on R06.10.02

Return to “Radio Programming”