PR400 Error

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ski7669

PR400 Error

Post by ski7669 »

Hello,
When I am trying to read my PR400 which recently came back from Moto for service, I get Error #2437 Codeplug version not supported. I am using CPS Version R05.04, the firmware is listed at R03.01.02 on the chasis of the radio.

What is the Latest version of CPS for the commercial series?
If I was to get a hold of an "earlier" version of a codeplug, could it be dumped into the radio using my current CPS?

FYI The model # AAH65RDF9AA3AN

Thanks for your Help!
Al

Re: PR400 Error

Post by Al »

The current CPS version for the PR400 is R05.06. It certainly won't hurt to try an older codeplug version. I would guess that the worst that could happen is that the PR would gag on it and refuse to accept it.
ski7669

Post by ski7669 »

Can anyone out there send me a good codeplug for the model number listed above??
Send me a PM
Thanks!!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Unlike most other radio models, you cannot 'revert' the Commercial Series radios by cloning in an older codeplug...the CPS does a preliminary check of the radio & will give you the same or similar error as you are getting. You're only real option is to upgrade to the latest CPS version, which is 5.06, I believe.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Yes, 3.01.xx firmware does require CPS 5.06.

Version 3.00.xx firmware has a known and verified defect whereby the codeplug will corrupt when battery voltage drops too low. I'd expect an FSB in the next month or so.

Return to “Radio Programming”