MOTOTRBO - Firmware Upgrade

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Vercomm

MOTOTRBO - Firmware Upgrade

Post by Vercomm »

Hey Guys,

So here's what happening. I've installed the MotoTRBO CPS and it works great. I can read and write radios 100%. I've also installed the new firmware files and when I try to upgrade the firmware it comes up with the correct firmware for the radio I'm using. Then when I click upgrade the radio says its going into boot mode or something like that, but then it fails because the computer can't upload to the radio. I'm sure this is caused by the FlashZap driver not being installed or installed incorrectly, but when I follow the instructions that came with the cd it doesn't install the driver properly. Should I uninstall everything and start over?

I'm using Windows 2000 with SP4

Also, just wondering what the LAN connection is used for with the TRBO radios?

Let me know if you require any further info to assist me.

Thanks!!
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, torn up and shouting... "Holy Sh*t...what a ride!!"
Vercomm

Re: MOTOTRBO - Firmware Upgrade

Post by Vercomm »

I spoke to moto today and they sent me out a handy PDF file for repairing and troubleshooting the FlashZap. The document is for Win XP, so it was a bit different for Win2K but things are working 100%.

If anybody would like a copy of the PDF file just let me know.

Jamie
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, torn up and shouting... "Holy Sh*t...what a ride!!"
OldDawg
New User

Re: MOTOTRBO - Firmware Upgrade

Post by OldDawg »

me please

Return to “Radio Programming”