GP380 (HT1250) Password protection

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dan218
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

GP380 (HT1250) Password protection

Post by dan218 »

Hi from Germany

I bought a Motorola GP380 which is an HT1250 with full Keypad for UHF. The Radio was already Programed with Amateur Radio
Freq etc. Anyway i have a cable to read it out. When i try this there is coming a password field but i do not have any passwors and i cannot reach the buyer. I read several post that after 3 attempts the Radio will be locked and in some cases it's not possible to reset it ! God thanks i read that after putting 2 differnt passwords in. So the Radio is safe at the Moment.

My Question is can i overwrite it with any other codeplugs or won't that work ??

The Strange think is i thought i am using the newest Software for Profesional Series i have the 03.07.04

But the Radio shows me it has the 03.07.05 which i cannot find anywhere. Maybe that's the Problem ??

On the back of the radio there is several info maybe also the password there is a line with **and than 4 numbers
but i didn't try it yet because that would be my 3 attempt.

Some Radio Info : Type PW502H
Model MDH25RDH9CK6E
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: GP380 (HT1250) Password protection

Post by Pj »

If the radio has newer software than you have, then you need to purchase the newer software from Motorola.

DO NOT ask you question in multiple fourms.
DO NOT ask or request such software from members here, in the public fourms or private messaging.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
dan218
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by dan218 »

Sorry for that

Problem solft
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

You may want to look at the following thread. I think it has the answer you are actually looking for.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51318

There are some hints/tips on how to disable the password in the software. This way, regardless of what the password is, you can still access the codeplug info.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
scroteybloke
New User

Post by scroteybloke »

Hi,
I had exactly the same problem with a GP340.. Writing a new codeplug over the old one is no problem as long as the new codeplug is newer than the old..
It worked fine for me
richterwill
New User

Post by richterwill »

Hi, I just purchased 2 HT1250ls+'s for my FD. They are password locked so I can't program them. I tried a couple of the suggestions with hex editor, but was not successful. Would any one have a codeplug? Mdl#AAH25RDH9DP5AN. On 403-470 split w/ limited keypad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rich T.
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

JAYMZ wrote:You may want to look at the following thread. I think it has the answer you are actually looking for.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51318

There are some hints/tips on how to disable the password in the software. This way, regardless of what the password is, you can still access the codeplug info.
The CPS for the GP380 series of radios is totally different from that of the Waris series. The radios look alike, but from a firmware/programming perspective, they're totally different. The password "hack" listed above doesn't work with the GP380 CPS (at least not on the one I've tried). If you can get a codeplug from the exact same type of radio (IE, same model number and options), it's possible to clone the codeplug into the radio, this over-writing the password. Or, if you have a saved codeplug from the exact same radio (with matching serial numbers and model numbers), you can just re-write that into the radio.

I've never heard of the 3-strike and you're out though. I've entered the wrong CPS password a lot more than 3 times in a row and never had any ill effects happen.
vjakov
New User
What radios do you own?: gm360

Post by vjakov »

Try with original codeplug included in motorola software pack.But old codeplug will be lost.New software realise is r03.08.03 and cpg for your gp380 is pm_uhf1_n6.cpg.Password only protect specific costumer data and not sensitive.This is EMEA region realise.
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

It´s easy to bypass and disable the password protection on the GM/GP3xx radios.
You can find some CPS versions with a edited GP300.exe around,that will let you do this.
Another way is to edit the GP300.exe yourself.

Andreas

Return to “Radio Programming”