Help with Spectra HP PTT/output issue

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Mraudio
What radios do you own?: Quantar/AS/A-spec./VertexP25

Help with Spectra HP PTT/output issue

Post by Mraudio »

Hi somewhat new here...been around awhile but have forgotten all my old PW and user names. Anyhow Im having an issue with a spectra PTT circut and I dont have access to a service manual. Seems as though it has exciter power as I can see RF on the monitor however the PA dosent come up. I swapped out controll and MLM board with a known working unit and it works fine, ruling out any RF amp/vco issues. So with that I am suspecting the transistors/fets along the back of the logic board that attach to the frame with the metal clip. If I am indeed correct wich one of those 3 or do all of them enable B+ for the PA power amp section? Secondly whats the part numbers so I can order replacements. Thanks!
Jeff
Will

Re: Help with Spectra HP PTT/output issue

Post by Will »

Mraudio wrote: I am suspecting the transistors/fets along the back of the logic board that attach to the frame with the metal clip. If I am indeed correct wich one of those 3 or do all of them enable B+ for the PA power amp section? Secondly whats the part numbers so I can order replacements. Thanks!
Jeff
Those are voltage regulator transistors. The keyed 9.6 and the power control comes from transistors on the bottom of the command board.
Mraudio
What radios do you own?: Quantar/AS/A-spec./VertexP25

Re: Help with Spectra HP PTT/output issue

Post by Mraudio »

Thanks Ill take a peek later. Looked like the traces went to the back edge connection where the PA jumper cable plugs in. What I get for assuming
Jeff

Return to “Radio Programming”