HT1250LS+ Programming Problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Microtech

HT1250LS+ Programming Problem

Post by Microtech »

I am trying to program a HT1250LS+ radio with R05.13.04 firmware & CPS R06.09.06. The radio is programmed from the factory with what looks to be a generic Passport Zone,Ltr Zone,& Conventional Zone. I program in 7 conventional frequencies under "Conventional Personalities" and Under "Personality Assignment to Zone" select Conventional &give them a "Zone Alias" name. After downloading them to the radio the first channel will display the channel name given under "Conventional Personalities for a second or two then say "Unprogrammed" and has the Passport graphic showing on the display. When switching to channel 2 it displays the proper channel name but also has the Passport graphic showing. The rest of the channels display properly---NO Passport Graphic. Do I have to switch off the Passport function? How?
THANKS,
Ken
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: HT1250LS+ Programming Problem

Post by HLA »

is your channel selector knob set to channel or zone? go into controls and menues and select conventional and change the rotary knob to channel selection then do the same with the trunking buttons and set the rotary knob to channel selection.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
RKG

Post by RKG »

I encountered what I think is the same thing about a year and a half ago. As I recall (dimly), I had to disable the Passport zone completely in order to get the radio to function like a "real" radio. I can't now remember how I did that (took some experimenting).
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

you can click on the plus sign and add another trunked system that has nothing in it and delete the first one then take the first one out of any of the zones and channel spaces and don't assign the 2nd one anywhere. then check the codeplug for mistakes. that should remove whatever came in it then.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Just uncheck the "option board feature " in the "advanced" tab of the first two conventional personalities, and all will be ok. This is what tells the radio the personalities are designated for Passport use. You'll notice it is unchecked by default in all the rest of the channels you added afterwards.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

Todd nailed it right on the head. The first two Conventional Personalities (Passport, Passport Revert) have the Option Board Tab checked off by default. Unchecking that tab will allow you to use them as conventional channels.
RKG

Post by RKG »

wavetar wrote:Just uncheck the "option board feature " in the "advanced" tab of the first two conventional personalities, and all will be ok. This is what tells the radio the personalities are designated for Passport use. You'll notice it is unchecked by default in all the rest of the channels you added afterwards.

Todd
Exactly right (this is what I couldn't remember).
Microtech

Post by Microtech »

Thanks MUCH----Unchecking the Option Board Feature on the Advanced Tab did the trick--
Thank You All
Microtech50

Return to “Radio Programming”