XTS-1500 SOFTWARE AND CABLE INFO WANTED

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Radiogeek97
Batboard $upporter

XTS-1500 SOFTWARE AND CABLE INFO WANTED

Post by Radiogeek97 »

Folks
my department just upgraded to xts-1500 (display models) Alas out programming cable and software will have to be re-purchased as the Ht1000 set up is non compatible. We currently do not have a MOL account, and i assume that is the way the software will have to be orderd and prob the cable to. For those of you who have accounts do you have a contact name or number so I can get the ball going. Also if there are any tips to setting up the account (for a city PD) that you can pass along it would be appreciated.
I am also looking for the propper part numbers for the USB programming cable and the software. One last question; we also have some brand-new xtl-5000 mobiles does Moto have any "software kit" that will cover both mobiles and portables. I realize that they are two different programs but I was wondering if they may have a discount for buying both subscriptions at once.

Thanks for all your help in advance

john
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: XTS-1500 SOFTWARE AND CABLE INFO WANTED

Post by Mfire39 »

RVN4186AD is the Astro25 portable and mobile 2 disk set for CPS

RKN4105A is the USB programming cable for the Astro25 portables

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

There is also a serial cable that is much cheaper than the USB cable. However the USB cable is lightning fast and worth it if you aren't strapped for cash.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
akardam

Post by akardam »

nmfire10 wrote:There is also a serial cable that is much cheaper than the USB cable.
Not really. The OEM Astro25 portable programming cables are list priced as follows:

RKN4105A PROGRAMMING CABLE, USB, XTS - $237
RKN4106A PROGRAMMING CABLE, RS232, XTS - $251

So the RS232 cable is actually a bit more.
Radiogeek97
Batboard $upporter

Post by Radiogeek97 »

Thanks for the quick replys. Do any of you folks have an MOL account? I am curious how much the software is, i am guessing in the 4-5 hundred range for the set :o I will try some phone numbers for moto that I have tomorow and look into setting up an MOL account, I have heard stories of members here that have gotten the run-around when getting their account set up, and others that have had no trouble; we shall see i guess. Any tips in that regard will be appreciated.

Thanks again
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Ok. I bought my RS232 serial cable for $30.00
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

akardam

Post by akardam »

I hope you're not suggesting that they use an aftermarket cable on department owned radios currently supported under warranty...
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

I'm not advocating either. But if my taxes were at work, I wouldn't want to pay $260 for a $30 part.
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

nmfire10 wrote:I'm not advocating either. But if my taxes were at work, I wouldn't want to pay $260 for a $30 part.
If my taxes were at work, I wouldn't want them plugging a $30 knockoff cable onto numerous $2-5K radios, and hoping for the best. One flat rate repair from damage caused by a non-OEM cable would pay for a couple of brand-new OEM cables.
mrbillym
New User

Post by mrbillym »

Here is a couple ways to setup an account

To setup Online Account the website is http://businessonline.motorola.com

OR

In order to be granted online access, you must have an established account number with Motorola. If you already have an established Motorola account number or wish to proceed with the account setup call Customer Service directly at 800-814-0601 ext. 6260 with your answers to the following questionnaire:

1) Do you have an established account number with Motorola? If so, what is that number?

2) Briefly describe what you are looking to acquire from Motorola Online?

3) Are you an End User or Reseller of Motorola products?

4) Is your Business TAXABLE or TAX EXEMPT?

5) Are you purchasing Software? If yes, please list radio(s)?

6) Do you work (or contract) for the US Federal Government?

7) Are you a State and Local entity?

8) Are you a Non Profit entity?

9) If for business use, what is your organization¿s legal name? (for personal use please provide the name you would like to reference on the account)

10) What is your organization¿s Shipping Address for online orders? (must be a physical address)

11) What is your organization¿s Billing Address for online orders?

12) What is your organization¿s fax number?

13) Please provide your organization¿s Nextel Agent Code and/or Cellular Shop ID (if applicable).

Bill EMTB

Return to “Radio Programming”