cdm 1550 ls

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cole_gerhardt
New User
What radios do you own?: HT1250

cdm 1550 ls

Post by cole_gerhardt »

I just bought a 1550ls i got all my freqs programed in and installed. The problem I am having is the radio keeps opening up on my fire channal picking up some trafic from far away. This gets annoying and i just wonderd if there was a way to make it stop.

The secong problem is when i have it scaning in my 2nd zone it scans the channals but it has a dotted line all the way across the screen is this normal thanks
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: cdm 1550 ls

Post by Tom in D.C. »

1. Either your fire channel is set for carrier squelch or the distant signal has the same
PL/DPL as your fire channel. In the first instance you'll have to find out your fire PL or
DPL and program it in. In the second instance you're sort of stuck with the situation.

2. On the scan I don't know your radio that well, but on my XTS radios when they scan
they show the channel according to the knob, but they change to the received channel
in the display for the duration of the transmission they pick up.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
cole_gerhardt
New User

Post by cole_gerhardt »

i have the pl tone in the radio is there any way to adj the squelch and if so wich way
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

On the modern radios the squelch is adjusted in the programming function, so you'll
have to do it that way. You want to "tighten" the setting, so if you find it set to
4 out of 10 you'd want to try setting it to 7, for instance, to see if that helps. If your
use of the fire channel is limited to "in-town," strong signal, locations you can tighten
it even further. The farther you are from the repeater site the "looser" the squelch
has to be. What do others in your area do to handle this problem?

The FCC licensing procedures for public service agencies cover only
frequency assignments, with the PL and DPL selections being left to the user, so a
situation such as you describe can easily occur if there is no local coordination about
tone coding. In any event, your local fire signal should "capture" your receiver when
it comes on the air so while you may be bothered by the distant transmissions you
should not miss any of your local calls. We have a similar situation here in the DC area
where a suburban Maryland county using 154.16 mHz is on the same channel as a
Virginia county near Richmond. When the band is open the Richmond signal can be
heard if we turn off the PL but the Richmond signal is CSQ, fortunately.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
cole_gerhardt
New User

Post by cole_gerhardt »

I will try to tighten the squelch some we have 3 repeator towers in the county and the traffic that bumps in is only when i am up on a hill or out in the open so that might take care of it the biggest problem is that when it bumps in it delays the scaning of the radio and I need to monitor 3 freqs 30 secounds can be lone enough to miss a call i am pretty new to the Motorola cps and i know just enough to get me in trouble. lol
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

There is a setting in the SCAN PROGRAMMING where you can have it go into monitor while scanning. This is usually the cause of mystery monitor mode. Check that and I'm sure it will fix the first problem.

As for the dotted line, that is weird.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
cole_gerhardt
New User

Post by cole_gerhardt »