HT1000 Side-Button Alert Tones

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W3MOT
Banned for the Greater Good
What radios do you own?: Just a console for nuke'n.

HT1000 Side-Button Alert Tones

Post by W3MOT »

Hello,

does anyone know how to enable the side button alert tones in the RSS? My HT1000 doesn't emit any beeps when the option buttons are pressed. I've seen several HT1000's that had this option enabled. Any help is appreciated.
Intellegence/\/\Somewhere
"One radio at a time..."
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Re: HT1000 Side-Button Alert Tones

Post by Jim2121 »

W3MOT wrote:Hello,

does anyone know how to enable the side button alert tones in the RSS? My HT1000 doesn't emit any beeps when the option buttons are pressed. I've seen several HT1000's that had this option enabled. Any help is appreciated.

ok by the numbers, start your RSS, RIB conected, radio on, save original codeplug. Main Menu: Press F4 then F3 which is Radio Config.. then F7 Signalling Options, F4 set your singletones. F10 then F3 which is your side button config... F10 out when done - F10, then F10 to F3 to Save your new settings F7 & F8 to save again
F8 to write to radio -- in the channel config F4 - then F2 chan options, you will have to enable singletone on PTT and/or singletone on side button... thats as close as I can get you. that should work, theres sometimes another area to enable or change? But looking at the screen that should do it step by step... Its been appx: 3 years since I set up sidetones. hope that works ... I have a BN model which has sidetones, works ok.... hope you were not talking about QCII tones...... let us know how it worked out......Jim
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel
W3MOT

Post by W3MOT »

I think we're talking about two separate things. I was inquiring about an alert tone that beeps when the button is pressed. All of my other radios do it except the HT1000 and I can't figure out why.
"One radio at a time..."
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jim2121 »

W3MOT wrote:I think we're talking about two separate things. I was inquiring about an alert tone that beeps when the button is pressed. All of my other radios do it except the HT1000 and I can't figure out why.
ok now I see ( the county works us to hard) mine don't beep when pressed? So I would have to go in the rss & change the programming around, well I'll look around tonight! I don't recall a beep/alert tone on the HT1000...? except when in scan & changing a channel! I will look at the F1 Help files.. If its there? Or just look over every page on the screen... Nothing in Alert Tones? I'm at work & the pc is being used for another radio..... Jim
Erwin Rommel
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

The Jedi series will "beep" if it is set to "blank", light (not applicable to the HT1000 anyways) or scan, scan add/delete.
W3MOT

Post by W3MOT »

Thanks. I appreciate the help!
"One radio at a time..."
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jim2121 »

W3MOT wrote:Thanks. I appreciate the help!
I'm asking around, when your 58 you forget where it was sometimes... If I find it I'll post it...Jim
Erwin Rommel

Return to “Radio Programming”