Out of Band Help

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

crazyboy

Out of Band Help

Post by crazyboy »

Hello I have the latest version of the xts3000 cps. I'm trying to hexedit it so that it will accept frequencies a few mhz lower than the band limit. I have followed the instructions here, but am unable to find any of these values in the .exe please help!
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: Out of Band Help

Post by Mfire39 »

If you have the latest version of the CPS, enter your frequencies like normal... It should take them if they are not too far out of range.. When you go to write the radio, you'll get an error saying one or more frequencies is out of range. Just write to it anyway and it should take the freqs..

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

Mfire39 wrote:If you have the latest version of the CPS, enter your frequencies like normal... It should take them if they are not too far out of range.. When you go to write the radio, you'll get an error saying one or more frequencies is out of range. Just write to it anyway and it should take the freqs..

-Marc

Yes sir I have done that for some frequencies and it works perfectly fine. The cut off is at 445.000 mhz, but i have some that need to get down to 441 mhz :( I tried to follow the guide on batlabs opened up astroport.exe in hex workshop and tried to find 450/445 in various forms of mhz and hz using the find option set to text string in ASCII with no luck :x
jts203

Post by jts203 »

If using Hex Workshop you should look for hex string 4029861A which is 445 MHz and change all occurances to 00DE391A which is 440 MHz.
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

jts203 wrote:If using Hex Workshop you should look for hex string 4029861A which is 445 MHz and change all occurances to 00DE391A which is 440 MHz.
AWESOME, thank you very very much!!!!

Return to “Radio Programming”