XTS3000 3 Pos toggle switch

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dlawman
New User

XTS3000 3 Pos toggle switch

Post by dlawman »

CPS Ver R05.02.00

I have placed channels in zone 1 & 2, I think. When I go to the switches window and choose "Zone Select" for the toggle switch A, B or C, I get errors in the invalid field window. It also gives me red lettering for the word "conventional" and "trunking" above the selection box window. I take it the red means Oops, you did something wrong! I three groups of frequencies. 1) PD, 2) Work, and 3) Ham. How do get them on the toggle switch, A, B & C????
PeterGV

Re: XTS3000 3 Pos toggle switch

Post by PeterGV »

Don't know if this is your problem, but it's "all or nothing" with Zone Select on your toggle switches. That is, if you want the toggle to select a zone, you have to put Zone Select for ALL the toggle positions. IIRC, also, you need to specify Zone Select both both Conv and Trunked.

Hope that helps,

Peter
K1PGV
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Do you have zone select assigned to the 16-position knob? You can't have zone select assigned to two different switches.

And yes, you'll have to assign Zone Select to A/B/C for conventional and trunking.
dlawman
New User

Post by dlawman »

Thanks for your responses! I did figure out that all the "Zone Selects" must be set..Convectional and trunking.

Return to “Radio Programming”