XTS5000 Programming issue

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

4-crime
What radios do you own?: APX6000, APX7000, APX8000

XTS5000 Programming issue

Post by 4-crime »

Hello, I was wondering if somone can help me out. When i program my UHF Xts5000 with a conventional TX freq, TX DPL, RX freq, and RX DPL the radio transmits fine but the recieve doesn't. It only happens on one channel, the rest of the channles work fine both on RX and TX. The receive audio kinda cuts out and you can't hear the transmission. But if i hold the squelch button i can hear the entire transmission. Is there something i need to change in the CPS settings? I have this same frequency and DPL tones programmed into other radios i have and the recieve audio works just fine. But i do have the same issue with my Vertex Vx537 as well . I have double checked that i have the DPL tones and frequencies correct so i don't know what to do.
tvsjr

Re: XTS5000 Programming issue

Post by tvsjr »

The DSP-based radios (like the XTS5000) are far pickier on tone deviation and frequency error. I assume you're monitoring a repeater? I bet the DPL deviation is off, or the repeater is significantly off frequency. The fact that your Vertex has the same problem makes this problem all the more likely.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: XTS5000 Programming issue

Post by MTS2000des »

overdriven DPL deviation on the transmit signal. distortion in the DPL waveform causes the newer radios to reject and not decode. as TVJSR stated the problem is with the infrastructure transmit DPL deviation, not your radios. Alert the system managers and have them make adjustments.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.

Return to “Radio Programming”