PM400 Codeplug Password

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tech81
New User

PM400 Codeplug Password

Post by tech81 »

I have recently acquired a Moto PM400 UHF radio out of a car we cut up for some rescue training. The original owner or programmer is unknown. When trying to read from the radio, it is asking for the codeplug password, as well as when trying to write a new codeplug to the radio. My software version is CPS R05.07.00.

I have tried several of the processes outlined elsewhere on this board that involve using hex editors, and have had little luck on my part. Perhaps it is due to my inexperience with these.

If anyone has any in site in how to retrieve the codeplugs password, or can provide some additional details on how to retrieve the password using the hex editors, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hardwire001
What radios do you own?: Too Many to list

Re: PM400 Codeplug Password

Post by Hardwire001 »

OK you need to have a HEX editor that will you can load your memory into...

after that, I have found the best way is to look for the Serial number or Model number in Ram, a few line down you will see the pass work that CPS is looking for, if need be ship me the radios and I will crack the pass word...

More details to follow soon, I need to get out my "Cracking" laptop....

One more thing, if you have a radio that dose not have a password in it, try loading a password into it, then search the RAM for serial number.
another tip is to alway reboot the computer after each attempt, stuff stays in RAM for a long time, if its a desk top computer, after shut down Pull the power cord and press the POWER ON button that will clear out the ram for sure.

PM if need be...

Return to “Radio Programming”