Multiple QCII tone sets in 1 channel.

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firerescueluke
New User

Multiple QCII tone sets in 1 channel.

Post by firerescueluke »

Hello, I am still new to programming features in radios.
From what I have read it looks like you can only have 1 set of QCII tones per channel. Am I missing something or is there a way to have one channel alert on 2 sets of tones.
Example: Someone works for 2 agencies that are dispatched on the same frequency. Each agency has its own tones. Does the radio have to have 2 channels set up on the dispatch frequency to alert for each department? Or can you somehow program both depts tones into one channel?

Thanks
Bill_G

Re: Multiple QCII tone sets in 1 channel.

Post by Bill_G »

What model of radidio?
firerescueluke
New User

Post by firerescueluke »

Sorry, forgot to mention that! Motorola HT-750/1250, CP-200, XTS-1500
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Set up call format as A-B / C-D. A-B is first set of tones and C-D is second set of tunes.
firerescueluke
New User

Post by firerescueluke »

Thanks for your prompt reply. I wondered if that would work, but thought I would ask the experts! Thanks again
firerescueluke
New User

Post by firerescueluke »

To test this out, I set my radio (Moto XTS 1500) up with my rescue squad tones in A-B, and the fire dept in C-D. This setup would not alert on the A-B tones. Any ideas?

Also, I was experimenting with adding a repeater input frequency as a channel. I live a few blocks from the dispatch center, and with the input frequency I can monitor all the radio traffic throughout the county. After adding this channel, I lost my radio generated alert. I changed the channel personality to a receive only, and the alert tones work again. Could this be part of the problem I am having with putting in 2 sets of tones?
What would cause this to happen. (I did lower the priority sample to .5 seconds so It would still be able to trigger even if it was on the other freq. I also set up the input channel to decode tones; that didn't work either. Only making the input ch. as a receive only worked. )

Thanks

Return to “Radio Programming”