VRS-EP DIP Switches

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

vorndamr

VRS-EP DIP Switches

Post by vorndamr »

How is a VRS-EP programmed? What is the 8 DIP switch in the RX module (I believe it's the RX) do? Does anybody have a digital copy of a VRS-EP manual you can email me? Thanks ahead of time for any and all help. Rod vorndamr at daeo dot net
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: VRS-EP DIP Switches

Post by Josh »

vorndamr wrote:How is a VRS-EP programmed? What is the 8 DIP switch in the RX module (I believe it's the RX) do? Does anybody have a digital copy of a VRS-EP manual you can email me? Thanks ahead of time for any and all help. Rod vorndamr at daeo dot net

VRS-EP is programmed by whatever radio software its connected to, be it an astro spectra, astro spectra PLUS or XTL5000 mobile radio.

You can alter the PL code used, and a couple of other operational features, but not the operating frequency. The VRS-EP is crystal synthesized.

I have no idea about a manual.
vorndamr

Post by vorndamr »

So the 6 pin DIP switch is for CTCSS codes?
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Post by Josh »

vorndamr wrote:So the 6 pin DIP switch is for CTCSS codes?
I have no idea what the DIP switches are for. They're probably not worth messing around with

All programming is done via the radio it is connected to's CPS. The radio's codeplug holds the information on PL code, which is programmable to the VRS.

What are you trying to program it for, anyhow?
vorndamr

Re: VRS-EP Set Up with Astro Radios

Post by vorndamr »

I'm going for a dual Astro Spectra setup (VHF/UHF) with a HHCH. I have the VHF radio already, the SIU, the HHCH, and the VRS-EP. I'd like to attach the VRS-EP to the VHF radio since it is a UHF repeater. I don't for see any interferance problems since the UHF radio will most likely be in the Amateur Radio Band. The VRS-EP is in the business band. I have the DOS dual portable/mobile RSS, but I believe that is not going to work for the setup I want. Is this correct? Any and all information you can provide or anyone else can provide is VERY much appreciated. The Astro Spectro line is a new adventure for me. Thanks again. Rod

Return to “Radio Programming”