ht1000 freezing issue

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Light49
New User

ht1000 freezing issue

Post by Light49 »

Hi everyone , I been programming the ht1000 in my computer for two years and now I can't program it at all every time I try to read the radio the program doesn't respond at all later 5 min it tells me "rib port communication unsuccessful" .

Specs
Pc: dell optiplex gx110 128 ram cpu:700
Ht1000 ver R03.02.01

It used program fine but know it doesn't ,I tried three different cables and my interface box works ,I also tried different computers same problem . Also ran it on pure dos still nothing . Can anyone help me.
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Re: ht1000 freezing issue

Post by Motoboy »

Check your PC Com port settings (just humor me).

Also, check your serial port, rib, and cables for missing or damaged pins.

If all else fails, try cleaning the connector on the radio with a pencil eraser. A very thin film of oxide will be very detrimental to the serial communication process. If it is still a no-go, open the radio and check the flex connections.

If everything worked for two years, you just have to figure out what changed. (A little secret from a former mentor, all a service technician really does for a living is looks at previously working systems and figures out what changed.)

/\/\b
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
AEC
No Longer Registered

Re: ht1000 freezing issue

Post by AEC »

Quite often, the HT1000/Visar RSS will time out and cause the program to lock up.
I have had this occur many times when I was taken away from programming, to do other things.
I come back to finish, and I have to start all over again.
Turn OFF the sleep time for the HDD and you should be fine.

Once I did this, I had no more issues.
This same problem also happened with Spectra RSS as well.

Return to “Radio Programming”