CDM1250 With Password

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KB2ZTX
was jsikora

CDM1250 With Password

Post by KB2ZTX »

Any way to clone over this ? Hate to send it to /\/\otorola for $300.00
KB2ZTX
AEC
No Longer Registered

Re: CDM1250 With Password

Post by AEC »

Download HEXWORKSHOP from the web, open it when you open CPS, the password is revealed in hex workshop, just delete it, or change it.
www.hexworkshop.com
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

AEC wrote:Download HEXWORKSHOP from the web, open it when you open CPS, the password is revealed in hex workshop, just delete it, or change it.
http://www.hexworkshop.com
Oh, if only it were that easy. You left out the part about opening the system's RAM. And the part about locating it in the memory. The latter part is not always so easy unless you know where the password is stored. And it's a different location for every tanapa.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

OK so if I try this the PW should be all together ? I programmed the radio many years ago and cannot for the life of me remember the pw. I'm sure if its in txt form I will see it as long as its in a string and not broken up all over.

So I open the hex program, then open professional and try to read it right ?

I'll try this.
KB2ZTX
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

What version Pro Series software are you using?

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

You have to use HxD or Winhex,to look into the internal RAM.
Hexworkshop will not work!
Create a codeplug with a known password and reload it with your CPS.
When the CPS ask you for the password,look in the internal RAM and search for the password
(simple text or unicode string).Look for the strings near the password and look for it,when you read your radio and the CPS ask for the password.

Andreas
Karfield

Post by Karfield »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

I cannot express how much this one has helped. It's bad when you forget a password but it's even worse when a customer forgets a password on a trunking radio and never shared the information. Or the programmer no longer works there.
markado
New User

Post by markado »

I know this is an old post Andreas' procedure is awesome. Thanks a lot. very helpful.

Return to “Radio Programming”