APX 7K digital + analog in same zone?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cabletek73

APX 7K digital + analog in same zone?

Post by cabletek73 »

Looking for a little kick here -

Trying to enter a digital personality and an analog personality in the same "home zone"... every time I change the signal type on one personality in this zone it changes it to the same on all of them.. ? (either with or without the software)...

Go easy please, Ive googled and searched here, just didnt hit on it.

Thanks in advance... after this the prog cable is going in the drawer!

Rod
willbird287
What radios do you own?: Always looking for the best...

Re: APX 7K digital + analog in same zone?

Post by willbird287 »

My guess is all the channels that are changing with your edits are using the same conventional system.

Are all the channels linked to frequency options within the same system? If so, that's why, any change to a system setting (digital to analog, or a signaling option for example) will change for all channels assigned frequency options from that system. The solution is to have two systems, one for digital and one for analog.

Also it might be a firmware issue, do you have one of those D0_ firmware radios?

Mine will take anything in any zone. Analog, digital, mixed mode, VHF, UHF, it all "fits" into a given zone.

--Will
cabletek73

Post by cabletek73 »

Thanks Will,

Im going to play around a bit more when I have a chance, its a R04 ver firmware... I think you might be right when you say all channels are linked to the same conv system.. I only have one system programmed right now...

So if I understand, I need to simply create a second "system" for my digitals and assign those frequencies (personalities) to that system? Not neccesarily create a "zone" (like zone 2) for my digitals? This way then my analog and p25 digital personalities can occupy the same zone??

Learning curve compared to XTS. Thank you for your help. Small bites at a time...

Regards,
Rod
willbird287
What radios do you own?: Always looking for the best...

Post by willbird287 »

Yea Rod,

It sounds like you have a grasp on it.

Basically any setting that is part of the system effects all frequency options. So if you change a setting that's included in the system page, then all frequencies in that system will change as well. The way to do it is having two different systems, both analog and digital systems to keep the two types of frequencies independent. The same would go if you wanted analog with no signaling and analog with MDC1200 signaling for example. You would have to have two systems, one with signaling configured and one with signaling not configured.

When it comes down to it, zone/channel assignment is completely arbitrary. Once you have all your systems set up, conventional, trunked, etc, you can assign anything to any zone and any channel. You can mix and match any band, conventional , trunking talkgroups, etc to any channel in any zone. The same goes for scan lists in terms of mixing and matching analog, digital and different bands.

--Will
cabletek73

Post by cabletek73 »

Thanks, that did the trick! Just as its written above... Running like a champ....

Time for a nap! :)

Return to “Radio Programming”