Programming for the CDM enhanced microphone

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Norman
New User

Programming for the CDM enhanced microphone

Post by Norman »

Hi there. Anyone here use a CDM "Enhanced Microphone"
p/n AARMN4026 with a 1250?

The product description states, "Three customizable buttons that can be programmed with any of the control head features". My 1250's four function buttons are currently assigned as "T/A", "Scan", "Hi/Lo", and "Dim". User scan list editing would require at least several more buttons (Edit List, Select, Exit).

So I bought the mic hoping to set up the customizable A-B-C buttons to let me edit my user scan list. However, the software seems very restrictive. For example, I envisioned button A shortpress as "Menu", and longpress as "Enter". Similarly, I hoped to set up button B as "Scan List Edit", and button C as "Exit". The lists are dynamic so once a button is programmed (whether short or longpress), several other desirable choices disappear for the other buttons.

The software doesn't let me set up the buttons in any logical, useful way. I'm starting to think that the A-B-C buttons might simply allow mirroring any three of the four front-panel button function buttons and not offer additional functions.

If you have one of these mics, please let me know how you've programmed your A-B-C buttons.

Thanks,

Norman
vamedic826
What radios do you own?: HT-1550, HT-1250, CDM 1550

Re: Programming for the CDM enhanced microphone

Post by vamedic826 »

I have one in my Medic Unit. A is Channel Down, B is Home Channel and C is Channel up
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

A is Home Revert 1 (Primary Dispatch Channel, simplex)
B is Not Assigned
C is Home Revert 2 (Primary Ambulance to Hospital Channel)
Norman
New User

Post by Norman »

Thanks for sharing your set-ups. I think the Home Revert functionality will work best for me.

Return to “Radio Programming”