XTS5k Programming problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ILuvXMRadio
What radios do you own?: Plenty

XTS5k Programming problem

Post by ILuvXMRadio »

Hey everyone. Thanks in advance for your help on this subject..

I got a couple radios today. As excited as one could be, I pulled the laptop out to get a read on the code plug in order to start modifying things to my personal needs/tastes...and of course after 2 hours of changes and personality updates, I went to write to the radio and got this error....

Now.. I'm confused..and cant imagine that I need to create a personality for EACH channel like its showing I need to do. This must have changed in a version of CPS... when did it change?

The radio are both:

HOST R09.00.03
DSP R09.00.02
Flashcode: 5A9008-101E87-8

I'm a legit user of Astro 25 Portable R13.00.00

Any help would be appreciated. I can't imagine having to do a personality for each potential 850 modes.
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: XTS5k Programming problem

Post by Josh »

STOP!!

From the looks of it, this is an early FPP radio, with only Q52 FPP, not Q53.

If you program it with CPS13, you will remove all FPP from the radio. You must use CPS R09.00.00 at the latest. It shouldn't bark out errors at you then.

After CPS9, radios must have Q52 AND Q53 to program, and trunking cannot be in the flash. It also requires that the first 240 channels each have a personality with them. It's really stupid and makes it difficult to have 1000 channels in the radio when the radio only goes up to 255 personalities.

Read up in the archive for more information, but do so before trying to program your radio further, that error may have saved you some valuable features.
ILuvXMRadio

Post by ILuvXMRadio »

From what I understand it was last programmed with R09.01.02... does that still fall within your "R9.00.00 at the latest"? Thank you for your warning. I'd hate to loose FPP (which was the whole reason for getting these).
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Post by Josh »

ILuvXMRadio wrote:From what I understand it was last programmed with R09.01.02... does that still fall within your "R9.00.00 at the latest"? Thank you for your warning. I'd hate to loose FPP (which was the whole reason for getting these).
Anything R9.xx.xx should be fine. CPS 10 and on will prove problematic.
ILuvXMRadio

Post by ILuvXMRadio »

Thanks Josh.
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

Josh wrote:STOP!!

After CPS9, radios must have Q52 AND Q53 to program, and trunking cannot be in the flash. It also requires that the first 240 channels each have a personality with them. It's really stupid and makes it difficult to have 1000 channels in the radio when the radio only goes up to 255 personalities.
Ummm, yeah, trunking can be in the flash code, but it won't be active or recognized.

And after you program the 1st 240 personalities for the FPP Zones, you can program anything you like but not change it via FPP in zones 17 and up.

DB

Return to “Radio Programming”