Astro 25 to Astro Import

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WCHija
What radios do you own?: XPR 7550 & XPR 5550

Astro 25 to Astro Import

Post by WCHija »

Is there a way to import info from an Astro 25 Code Plug to an Astro Code Plug? I want to move info from an XTS5000 to an Astro Saber. I tried the standard export to apps, then import from apps. All I was able to import was the phone book, which has no info in it.
Semper Fidelis

Some Cops are Perfect, the rest ride in patrol cars!
abmain

Re: Astro 25 to Astro Import

Post by abmain »

It depends on the info you want to copy over. If it's the talkgroups and channels, then open both codeplugs in the respective CPS. Select the Astro 25 codeplug at the top level, drag it over to the Astro CPS and drop it on the top level of that codeplug. Most of the programming information will then be copied over. You should then review the Astro codeplug to make sure that everything is correct, as some fields will not copy over. You can also drag and drop individual subsections as required.
WCHija
What radios do you own?: XPR 7550 & XPR 5550

Post by WCHija »

Ill try that again, when I did it the first time all that copied over was the empty phone book.
Semper Fidelis

Some Cops are Perfect, the rest ride in patrol cars!
torontokris
New User

Post by torontokris »

I also got the same (only the phone book copied) when I was trying to copy from a 5000 to a 3000 or vice versa in the respective CPS.
I just gave up I didnt think it was even possible (even if memory wasnt a factor - i.e. the info would fit into a 3000)
WCHija wrote:Ill try that again, when I did it the first time all that copied over was the empty phone book.
hvacesu78

Post by hvacesu78 »

hi just wanted to bump and see if anyone was able to get this to work.. i too would like to go from Astro25 to an ASiii.
any recommendations? or shall the typing begin !?
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

The top level drag and drop only works properly from the Astro series to the Astro25 not the other way around.

Return to “Radio Programming”