Please help with radio password.

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

eagle844

Please help with radio password.

Post by eagle844 »

We have 4 HT1250LS+ radios that have been donated to our non-profit volunteer organization. These radios are password protected when reading the radio. We need to reprogram them with our freqs. I do not care about what is in there now, its LTR anyway and all our stuff is conventional.

I have been reading about the HEX tools and been trying to use it, but have been without success in programming them.

The models are AAH25SDH9DP5AN

What can I do at this point? I am without further resources because we cannot get the password.

Thanks so much for the help.

Mike
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: Please help with radio password.

Post by Mfire39 »

There is some good info in this post for editing the Pro series CPS to get around the password..

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51318

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
eagle844

Post by eagle844 »

I have read that and cannot find any of those values or figure it out. Can you help further?
I have tried to put a password on my VHF HT1250. It is all grayed out and will not allow me to enable a password. How to I enable it so I can test the methods listed?
Thanks so much
eagle844

Post by eagle844 »

cut and paste: For:
================================
CPS R06.04.00

Address 002412AA: Change 741C to EB1C
================================

The closest I can get is 002412A0 under the offset when the password box is up
when the password incorrect box is there I get 002412BA and before that up a few lines it shows 002411AA. Still at a loss.
I am using HxD

Thanks
eagle844

Post by eagle844 »

WOW, Got it. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Return to “Radio Programming”