HT 1250 transmit problem after narrowband programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firerescueluke
New User

HT 1250 transmit problem after narrowband programming

Post by firerescueluke »

Hello- I have been doing the narrowband programming for the agencies I work for and have had pretty good results. I have done numerous model radios and the only ones I have had trouble with are HT1250 portables. I programmed them with the narrowband codeplug and now it will not transmit correctly. I get correct frequency on the counter and it shows a range of .1-.9 watts on the output. I put the old codeplug back in the radio and it still has the same problem. (radios did work fine before the programming) This has happened to 3 radios, all HT 1250's. I have successfully reprogrammed about 10 other HT1250 with no issues. I have updated the CPS to version 06.12.02 with no effect. Any ideas?
firerescueluke
New User

Re: HT 1250 transmit problem after narrowband programming

Post by firerescueluke »

Well, the codeplug must have been the problem. I replaced it with a completely unrelated codeplug from another agency and it started working fine. So I just re-wrote the codeplug from the other one. Hope this will help someone out there-
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

We've run into that - A bad codeplug causing weird problems until the tech starts over from scratch, or he blows a working radio into one that flaked out. No error msgs from cps that the codeplug had a problem.
firerescueluke
New User

Post by firerescueluke »

Thanks for the input, Bill. The part that still confuses me is the fact that other radios took the exact same codeplug and they work fine! I'm just glad it works now....

Return to “Radio Programming”