HT1250 Audio Problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KCOEM9108
New User

HT1250 Audio Problem

Post by KCOEM9108 »

I am programming several HT1250 Full Keypad, AAH25KDH9AA6AN, Radios. Read the radio to get the codepulg, built it, programmed 2 radios works great. Used the same codeplug made several programming changes for radios 3 & 4. Programmed radio 3 with the modified code plug and now I get audio out of both the remote mic and the speaker in the radio.

Thinking that it was maybe a radio issue I put this same codeplug in radio 2 and now I have the same issue with radio 2. I had saved the original programmed codeplug that I modified, dumped this back in to radio 2 and still have the audio issue. Took the original 'blank' codeplug that cam in the radio dumped it back in to radio 2, reread it and programmed 1 channel, tested to still have the audio issue.

Any ideas???

Using Pro CPS R06.12.02 Region AA

Thanks in advance.
Al

Re: HT1250 Audio Problem

Post by Al »

I don't know of any programming parameter in a codeplug that would cause what you describe. Are you using the same RSM on both units when you test them? If so, I'd suspect the RSM first. The option select 2 pin on the accesory connector tells the uP in the radio that an external accessory's attached. Low=attached, high=no external accessory. 2nd most likely if you're not using the same RSM to test both radios is poor contact at the option select 2 pin - try cleaning with a nonabrasive contact cleaner/contact enhancer like DeOxit gold if you have it.
KCOEM9108
New User

Re: HT1250 Audio Problem

Post by KCOEM9108 »

Yes, tried 2 different RSM. Both work on my day to day HT1250 limited with out audio coming from the radio.

Return to “Radio Programming”