Programming CDM's, CP's, and CM's

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Programming CDM's, CP's, and CM's

Post by SteveC0625 »

I have a growing pile of CP200XLS portables, CM300 mobiles, and CDM750's, 1250's, and 1550's to program for our town. We've got both the Professional and Commercial CPS packages with the latest versions of both.

I am running into a wall with one aspect of programming. When I set up a personality for TPL, it seems to work OK except when scanning two or more channels in a scan list. If I shut the scan off, PL seems to function properly.

I think I have been through every corner of both CPS's and am getting the same results regardless of which radio I work on.

Does anyone have any hints on how to solve this?

Thanks!
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Programming CDM's, CP's, and CM's

Post by wavetar »

You need to go to the Scan settings, and set "PL Scan Type" for "priority and non-priority channel". Same setting for all the models you mentioned.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

wavetar wrote:You need to go to the Scan settings, and set "PL Scan Type" for "priority and non-priority channel". Same setting for all the models you mentioned.
Have had it set like that for all radios in both CPS's all along.

PL's are properly defined in each personality for both Rx and Tx.

Mute/Unmute Rule is set for Std UnMuting, Std Muting everywhere.

Scan PL Lockout is not checked, but I've tried it both ways so I don't think that can affect the problem I am having.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. It confirms that setting is correct.
Al

Post by Al »

Are you seeing what you described on just the mobiles, or on the CP portables as well?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Try setting the muting to and/or on a couple & try that. Anytime I get issues with PL/DPL, I change it from the STD and it typically solves issues.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”