Sad news:

General announcements and news about the forum.
GREENRADIOOPS

Monty's passing

Post by GREENRADIOOPS »

It is with great sadness that I have only just now learned of Monty's untimely passing. He will be sorely missed. My condolences to his family. He contributed much to my understanding of the workings of the MT-1000 lo-band radios. Does anybody on the board know of or have a copy of the tech notes that he generated regarding the mods to the MT-1000 to move it up onto 50-54mhz amateur band. I would be greatful to get a copy or guidance as to where to find them on the web. Again my sincerest sympathy's to his family. CRAIG craig.51ops(at)juno.com
Ra

Post by Ra »

Monty I miss you, you were such a great help.

Sweet Dreams Dear One.
W4WTF
was KF4PEP

Post by W4WTF »

Wow, I have been awya for quite a while and this news definitley saddens my heart.
EM-01

GoodBye My Friend

Post by EM-01 »

I have not logged on in many months, Feeling quilty I came back these past few weeks for tidbits here and there. I knew Something just wasn't the same. Then I found this Thread. I can't beleive it.

Monty was the one who always took time to help me out with my little problems, and with no discomfurt at all.

But know this, Heaven is a better place now because of his presence there.

God Bless you All and May God Bless Monty!! :cry:
-Fred L. McGuire Jr.-
Okmulgee County SkyWarn Association
Okmulgee County Sheriff's Office
Okmulgee, Oklahoma
KD5FMU
fred.mcguire.jr@gmail.com
EQSupply

73's Monty, you will missed by all

Post by EQSupply »

Monty helped me program a radio awhile back, if it not for him I surely would have thrown it through the wall, I am forever indebted to him.

73's de N1MXL Take care, my heart and prayers go out to his family in this sorrow time.

Bob
E911EMT
What radios do you own?: Icom ICF3061, Kenwood TK2180

Post by E911EMT »

Hello All,

I think that we should put these Posts to a Rest as Monty Should Now REST in Peace. We all Admired him in many ways and that we should all now say Rest in Peace...
E911EMT
718 this is EMS
Can You Hear me Now?
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

:

Post by Jim2121 »

[quote="E911EMT"]Hello All,

I think that we should put these Posts to a Rest as Monty Should Now REST in Peace. We all Admired him in many ways and that we should all now say Rest in Peace...[/quote]

Monty had over 1745 posts, thats alot of infomation he had posted & advice! someone should save the info posts, & delete the for sale/wanted posts that he also posted.
Jeanne

Cheers to You Monty!

Post by Jeanne »

Cheers to You Monty for being not only a professional but for being a friend. You will be missed by all but not forgotten. Thank you for always checking in on me and I am glad to have met you many years ago.

The Lord has given you wings to fly...
Aloha Batteries - http://www.alohabatteries.com
Ph: 800.797.9750

Authorized Original Motorola, Ericsson MA/COM and Kenwood Distributor. After market batteries from Multiplier! We offer Excellent Batteries and Accessories at Affordable Prices!
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Hmmm,

I have long since sent money to Monty's Paypal account (the transfer took place 8 hours before his death) and even though I have emailed his next of kin several times, no response has been received. I refuse to believe that the memory of such a helpful, kind human being can be tainted by the lack of action of someone else - even his own son.

I would have hoped that all pending business deals would have been cleared up appropriately, though mistakes do happen, especially during times of loss.

Yours Truly,
MSR
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

:

Post by Jim2121 »

[quote="MattSR"]Hmmm,

I have long since sent money to Monty's Paypal account (the transfer took place 8 hours before his death) and even though I have emailed his next of kin several times, no response has been received. I refuse to believe that the memory of such a helpful, kind human being can be tainted by the lack of action of someone else - even his own son.

I would have hoped that all pending business deals would have been cleared up appropriately, though mistakes do happen, especially during times of loss.

Yours Truly,
MSR[/quote]

Maybe his son has/has-no access to his dads paypal? Go to Paypal & hit the contact us icon, talk to paypal. Contact his son again [by post-office]& tell him paypal wants a confirmation on Monty. (paypal sometimes takes 4-6 weeks+ to resolve these things) I would use the address on the main page: http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=38091
Or look him up on the http://www.qrz.com WB6UKD ..you should recover your funds... others did.....
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

Monty was a great guy! I will miss him tremendously. This board will never be the same without him. Think of all the times when a newby posts a question about clone cables and RIB boxes and how Monty would come back with those thorough and colorful replies with all the bold and italic highlighting.

But aside from his knowledge, he was a good person. Monty was a class-act, hands down. I am so sorry to see him go.
Last edited by Johnny Galaga on Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analog already is interoperable.

n8uhn

Monty's passing

Post by n8uhn »

Wow, what a shock.

i haven't been active in this list for quite some time but do remember Monty and his wealth of info and help.

he even helped me with rib and radio info.

to echo the previous posts: he will be missed and i too hope his memory and knowledge he has shared with us will live on.

73 Monty de n8uhn
Bill
LELPM

Post by LELPM »

I can't believe it! Monty will definitly be missed. I guess I should have checked back here sooner.... I guess God had some circle M problems that he needed help with.... God bless you Monty!
"The police officer working the beat makes more decisions, and exercises broader discretion affecting the daily lives of people
every day, and to a greater extent, than a judge will exercise in a week." - US Supreme Court Chief Justice Warren Burger
WK9F
Batboard $upporter

Post by WK9F »

Umm, guess I should have checked in more often. After takng a long hiatus from the 'radio biz', I checked in just to see how things have changed around here. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. I certainly didn't expect this news.

Monty's expertise will always be remembered. Many a nights I've IM'd him with a problem that had me stumped and he always had the right answer. I'll never forget the help you provided Monty.

Batlabs, and anybody who's ever 'tweaked' a Motorola radio has lost an invaluable resource.

Monty, farewell friend - may your memory live for eternity through the Batboard.

73 de Jerry - WK9F
I am a bomb technician......If you see me running, try to keep up.

This space for rent....E-mail for details
wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

It's hard to believe it's been a year. I hope you've all stopped and taken a moment to remember Monty and to once again thank him for all he did for us.
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.
kg6bki

Post by kg6bki »

My Thoughts and Prayers are with the Sisco Family today. :(
60hzEE

Post by 60hzEE »

I've been away for about a year and wasn't able to publicly say thanks to Monty's family for the help he gave to all of us. Although I did thank his son directly via email.

Monty was a great resource and always helpful. That's been said. But, truly, the hints, kinks, and small suggestions here and there are what are most missed by me. It seemed as though if there was a problem that existed with /\/\ gear, he'd already experienced it and had a fix that he willingly shared. He even shared what didn't work, so we didn't have to reinvent the wheel.

A nice guy he was. And, it came through loud and clear.

73s, Monty, and rest easy.
MotoMax300
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by MotoMax300 »

Two years and still ultimatly missed, I got help from him even before I came to this board. Thanks monty.
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

Indeed. You're still in all our thoughts Monty. He truely was an inspiration to us all and a damn good man.

Post by 601 »

Yep, I could definiely say the same.

Monty took care of you, no matter how small the request was, he made sure that everyone got exactly what they needed and followed up on it. He helped me out a few times with the little things, and that really meant a lot.

A great man, a great asset to the board, still looking back on all of his posts and still learning more from them to this day.

Monty is truly missed, along with his beloved cat holding his radio...
LVGUY
What radios do you own?: Saber,HT200,HT220

Monty

Post by LVGUY »

I can't believe that it's been 2 year's since Monty passed away
my brother and I miss him very much, he was the best of the best.
Rest in Peace Monty
Guy
dawson75
What radios do you own?: the kind you talk on

Post by dawson75 »

:cry:

Thinking of you Monty!
ayaresr

Post by ayaresr »

Monty was a little before my time on the board, but from what I understand he was quite the guy when it came to Motorola. Rest in Peace.
Ryan
LVGUY

Monty R.I.P. my Friend

Post by LVGUY »

Monty, I can't believe it has been 2 years, you are missed very much my friend.
God Bless and watch over you and your family.
Guy[/b]
RadioMaster08
Banned

What a shame

Post by RadioMaster08 »

What a shame. Hope all his family are well and stay strong. :cry:
BFY

Sorry to hear about that.

Post by BFY »

I am so sorry to hear about that. I wish best luck to the family and the great people on BatLabs.
bundy125

Re: Sad news:

Post by bundy125 »

Hello All,

Working nights, browsing the boards when I ran across a Monty post, then I realized a few days back we passed the anniversary of Monty's death. Man how time flies.

Thinkin about Monty and his family tonight.

Bundy125
SYNTORX71MAN
What radios do you own?: Two Tin Cans and a String

Re: Sad news2

Post by SYNTORX71MAN »

Yes we lost a true Staple in the radio world...I am sure he is smiling down on us from heaven.. 8)
LVGUY

Post by LVGUY »

Thinking of you Monty! Bless You and your family.
I can't believe its been 4 years, you are still missed
Guy
Rest in Peace Monty Sisco you are not forgotten
brickster
New User

Post by brickster »

Hi folks,

I just finished reading this touching tribute to Monty, thinking those who loved and miss him would be pleased to know he is still making people smile. Thanks to Victor Xray, I feel I've been introduced. http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82894
kotaguchi
What radios do you own?: XTS5000

Post by kotaguchi »

Sorry.I know this is a old post but my first time learning of Monty's passing.I haven't been keeping up with radfio news since I left Ca on 2002.He was a great guy.Back before websites for radio enthusiasts, in the days of rec.radio.swap,I used to buy his programming cables,and ribs for the Motorola Radio dealer I worked at along with equip for my friends.Even though I never met him personally and did my contacts with him over the phone,he was always a fair dealer with his price and goods.Always gave me the best service a guy can ask for.Even the few times I had issues and had to return gear,he always squared me away 110%.

He will be missed.

Ko
In Memory of those that serve.

Seal Team Six

Radios I currently own:

2-qty APX7000 UHF R2/700-800MHz M3
LVGUY

Post by LVGUY »

Merry Christmas Monty, You have not been forgotten
Rest in Peace Monty Sisco you are not forgotten
SYNTORX71MAN
What radios do you own?: Two Tin Cans and a String

Post by SYNTORX71MAN »

Agreed Lvguy, Hopefully somewhere Monty is still smiling down on us this christmas and forthcoming year...
4n6inv

Post by 4n6inv »

I hope he can save Motorola through devine wisdom. Rest in Peace in the Loving Hands of God.
bundy125

Post by bundy125 »

It's hard to believe that this thread was started 6 years back, but not hard at all to know that man is still remembered as if he were here yesterday. Thanks again for all you did for us all Monty.

Bundy125

Return to “Announcements and Forum News”