Help me identify this Motorola Microwave Component

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KC9VRY
New User

Help me identify this Motorola Microwave Component

Post by KC9VRY »

Hi Everyone, New to the forum but have been reading here for quite a while.
Anyway, I have these boards I pulled from something in the past; most likely some sort of 800-900MHz Motorola repeater.
They seem interesting enough to make a post about them to try and figure out what they are and see if they would be of any use in amateur radio.

Description...
The white ceramic board is definitely in the microwave region. I'd imagine between 800-1.2GHz and appears to be some sort of mixer and or pre-amplifier. the part number on the board is MRG6014A. It has a "LO" (Local Oscillator?) port with a male SMA connector. An "IF" port that connects to the other board, (which I guess would be an IF board.) The Blue, Yellow and Orange wires are labeled D, C and B respectively and an "RF" port ending at a female BNC.

The other red masked PCB which I believe to be an IF, is labeled part number MRN6025A-FPAABG. The "IF" of the other board connects to the female RCA plug of this board. The input is a BNC jack located across from the RCA. The board is powered with a -20VDC power supply.

If anyone can identify these boards or has any information on testing, that would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Adam

Pics of the boards...

resqguy911

Re: Help me identify this Motorola Microwave Component

Post by resqguy911 »

Looks like it should be attached to a card from a Starplex modem
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
A.E.C
New User

Post by A.E.C »

The ceramic board appears to be a mixer, with Lo, RF and IF ports, as a normal complement to a mixer's function.
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

Post by abbylind »

Dont know if he needs the info anymore....post is 4 years old....

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”