XTL 1500 Conventional Analog?

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

skyler440
New User

XTL 1500 Conventional Analog?

Post by skyler440 »

I am attempting to get an XTL1500 to work in the 900MHz amateur band. I would like to get P25 and analog working.

First, trying to get an analog frequency in, have not even tried the hex editing yet:
I am on the latest CPS, and when I add a new conventional personality, there is no option for the frequency! Could this be a firmware issue? In addition, it does not allow me to create a new zone with a conventional personality in the zone. It errors out and will not let me program the radio.

When I read the radio configuration features, the only enabled options are the 3600 analog baud trunking and enhanced software capabilities.

Any advice on these radios?
skyler440
New User

Re: XTL 1500 Conventional Analog?

Post by skyler440 »

I'm dumb, I found frequency entry is where the zones are programmed not in the personality section. Now the only question remaining is how to firmware upgrade for P25 enabled.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

skyler440 wrote:I'm dumb, I found frequency entry is where the zones are programmed not in the personality section. Now the only question remaining is how to firmware upgrade for P25 enabled.

Pay for it. There is no freebee to get upgrades on these radios.

Jim
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Jim202 wrote:
skyler440 wrote:I'm dumb, I found frequency entry is where the zones are programmed not in the personality section. Now the only question remaining is how to firmware upgrade for P25 enabled.

Jim
I don't think they sell flashcode upgrades for the XTL series anymore...
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

tuckerm wrote:
Jim202 wrote:

Jim
I don't think they sell flashcode upgrades for the XTL series anymore...
Im sure there’s dealers with flashes left that would be happy to take someones money.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

crazyboy wrote:
tuckerm wrote:I don't think they sell flashcode upgrades for the XTL series anymore...
Im sure there’s dealers with flashes left that would be happy to take someones money.
A dealer might be able to do a firmware upgrade with leftover flashes on an iButton, but feature upgrades are NLA (not that an individual could *ever* walk into a shop with an eBay radio and buy a feature upgrade.)

OP: this board will not be able to help you, nor will CS. Google is your friend, and remember the first two rules of Fight Club. 8)

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”