MTX9000 Low Power Switch

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Big BOB

MTX9000 Low Power Switch

Post by Big BOB »

Can someone tell me if the low power setting on the hi/lo switch works on the MTX9000. Even though you can program one of the switches for HI and LO power, it doesn't seem like I am getting low power out of the radio.
Max-trac
Batboard $upporter

Post by Max-trac »

Just checked mine with a field strength meter, it works, but not much of a difference.... I think I have the service manual, I will look to see what it says about it......Keith
Big BOB

Post by Big BOB »

Thanks, would appreciate any help.
BDB

Post by BDB »

You need to go into the alignment menu and set the low power softpot. Unless this is done there is no difference in high and low power.
Max-trac
Batboard $upporter

Post by Max-trac »

Yes, and there are 3 freqs to set it at below, and 3 above the 902-928 range. My high power settings vary from 37 to 43 on the and the low ones range from 26 to 80!!!!! I will have to get the watt meter out now.... Not even sure if they will affect the ham band freqs....
Max-trac
Batboard $upporter

Post by Max-trac »

OK, could not find a female sma, so I set all my low power settings in RSS to 10, the switch makes a BIG difference now.... even on the ham freqs......

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”