Can't Change PURC Freq. What Gives?

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

John G

Can't Change PURC Freq. What Gives?

Post by John G »

Fired up a newly acquired PURC 5000 today for the first time. Makes a solid 140 watts. OK so far. I select TX and scroll down the menu. There is no selection to let me change the TX freq. Per the book, it should be there. All the other menu selections are there. Firmware is rev. 3.69.
Any ideas?
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

purc

Post by batdude »

on the advanced controls tray - did you change the DIP switch inside to allow programming?

doug
John G

Post by John G »

No. We don't yet have the service manual. Only the user's and installation manual which doesn't cover dip switch settings. Which switch do I need to change? Also, we have another controller with a password we don't know. I understand the the dipswitch can return the unit to defaults. We have been cautioned against doing this. Do you know how to do it? What are the possible negative side effects?
Thanks
John G

Post by John G »

OK, I closely read the manual and found that dipswitch 1 enables front panel programming. Also discovered that the frequency setting is done from the Station menu instead of the TX menu as the manual states. Also figured that I had to disable frequency range checking. Now, is there a way to restore defaults or get around the blasted password? The Manual says that if you forget the password, you have to replace the microprocessor. Anyone?

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”