think this has a shot at being a repeater amp?

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n1pfc

think this has a shot at being a repeater amp?

Post by n1pfc »

I know I am going to have to add a *LOT* more heat sink, but any hope of getting this to run on 900MHz?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 48700&rd=1

The output transistors are spec'd for it, but I'm not sure how much of a conversion headache it may be to bring it up to 900MHz.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kurt
batman21

Post by batman21 »

Hmm... looks pretty nice, but aren't you going to want output at about 918-927? It may or may not work there. Might be better off with a PURC amp, bring it down just a little. They're showing up pretty cheap nowdays and they have huge heatsinks.
thehead7

Post by thehead7 »

hmmm... I'm not getting too much of a warm and fuzzy, either... You might be better off looking to another solution. Something made for 900LMR would be better, as it will require less change to put it where you want it.

Just my thoughts,
Head
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

and FWIW, this is the second time it was listed, the first time no one bid on it..

considering that 900 stuff has been gaining popularity on ebay with people looking to piece together stuff to make repeaters, i think that speaks volumes.

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”