Anyone know what this thing is?

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

thehead7

Anyone know what this thing is?

Post by thehead7 »

I've got a radio drawer that identifies itself as a "SMARTNET" radio...

I can't find anyplace that can identify it by model#, so I figured I'd put it out here...

From left to right on the front of the drawer it has: Type "n" connector, key, removal handle, and then it has a plate who's top row has a 16pin IDC type connector, then the power connector. Below those is a DB25 Male connector...

The model is: T37CPA5GD9BH

If you know anything about it, I'd like to know if a: it's capable of conventional modes, b: if it can be used without a control head...

Thanks,
-Head
xmo

Post by xmo »

That is a Smartnet 2000X, 900 MHz duplex Maxtrac mobilephone. It works with a handset, hangup cup & speaker.

The part number for the manual is: 68P02985G80
thehead7

Post by thehead7 »

Thanks, kindly... I take it I should be able to mess with it with maxtrac RSS then?

Thanks,
-Head
xmo

Post by xmo »

I think it programs with MAXTRACS trunked RSS.
thehead7

Post by thehead7 »

Thanks,

I'm going to have to track down the pinout for the front connector and such. It's got an RJ45 connector inside of it, which I hoped would be the place to try to program it, and it didn't work... Either it's going to need a control head, or that just isn't the place...

Thanks for the info,
-Head

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”