900 Mhz GTX Mobile More Channels

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Big BOB

900 Mhz GTX Mobile More Channels

Post by Big BOB »

Has anyone expanded their GTX mobile to more channels? It seems like I remember a post about expanding the channels on the GTX mobile. I haven't been able to locate this info.

If someone has done this please let me know what is required. You can answer here or PM me.

Thanks,

Big BOB
John G

Post by John G »

Yes you can. You do it the same way as a Maxtrac. The problem is that the characters don't display correctly, making the new channels pretty useless. I tried counting the number above 10, but you can't just glance down at the display and know which channel you are on if it is higher than 10. If you need more than 10, I would suggest a Maxtrac or Kenwood. I understand the TK481 will do 255 conventional channels. I have no personal experience with one, however.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

and also the way the software is structured, you are only going to get 16 out of it anyway. but the above poster is correct, the display does some goofy things above 10.

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”