GTX 900 as Repeater Control RX ?

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

d119

GTX 900 as Repeater Control RX ?

Post by d119 »

Planning on using a 900MHz GTX as a control recever in the 926-927MHz range. Will it work OK for this? Where are the COS and PL Indicate points in the GTX radio for interface to the controller?

Thanks!
n_zero_ndp

Re: GTX 900 as Repeater Control RX ?

Post by n_zero_ndp »

d119 wrote:Planning on using a 900MHz GTX as a control recever in the 926-927MHz range. Will it work OK for this? Where are the COS and PL Indicate points in the GTX radio for interface to the controller?

Thanks!
I can't believe nobody has an answer to this one. I know somebody has access to the service manual out there, c'mon folks :roll:
The EDACS DΩRK......
n_zero_ndp

thank you

Post by n_zero_ndp »

A big thank you to everyone in the following thread to help shed some light on where to find COS on the GTX mobile:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=26607
The EDACS DΩRK......
d119

Post by d119 »

Nand:

Unfortunately that image isn't working anymore, can you post it again? And is this a PL/DPL controlled connection or COS controlled?

Thanks!
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

d119 wrote:Nand:

Unfortunately that image isn't working anymore, can you post it again? And is this a PL/DPL controlled connection or COS controlled?

Thanks!
Looks like it is COS only...better than nothing :)
I will PM Nand about the pics link being down.
Nand wrote:It is a CMOS output that is high when a carrier is detected.
The EDACS DΩRK......

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”