MTX-900 Value question?

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

phantomspook
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

MTX-900 Value question?

Post by phantomspook »

MTX-900

What's a MTX-900 worth which is in operational condition with a charger and good battery?

Is the MTX-900 battery and charger usuable with the MTX-800 or another radio?

Anyone know?
KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Post by KG6EAQ »

Not too much market for the actual radio, but the charger and battery will work for any other genesis series radios.

On the battery the color tone will be a bit darker than the ones used on the HT600's and won't be black like the P200's but it will fit and power the radio just dandy.
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
phantomspook

Post by phantomspook »

Don't mean to be a pest but I just pickedup about 6 of them at this local swap meet.

I wonder on a actual price amount or range?
KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Post by KG6EAQ »

For the actual radio it depends on who you find with what need, but I normally see them go between $10-$20 on eBay. That's for a radio, antenna and battery, sometimes a charger. What's the model number? Some models are worth a little bit more ($5 maybe..)
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
phantomspook

Post by phantomspook »

Thanks, I'll get back to you once I get to the shop to findout.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

the main issue about the mtx-900 is that unless you want to do extensive surgery, they will not cover the ham band.

they do work great on a 900 trunked or conventional system, but not too much market left for that (around here atleast)

last MTX-900 i sold on ebay, i got a whopping 18.00 for it, battery and antenna
phantomspook

Post by phantomspook »

Thanks for the estimate/headsup. Perhaps the chargers, antennas and batteries sold seperately parted out are worth more than the radios!

Who knows, let me get my butt into my office and findout the model numbers after I drop off some flowers for my grandpa. It's veterans day today.

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”