efc
What radios do you own?: cdm 1250

Mototrbo and Zetron 48 jr

Post by efc »

Hello all,

Have the following:

1 Mototrbo VHF 8300 narrow banded.

2 Zetron 48 jr interface

Problem is this, cannot get overall mod up as the rated level.In other words,the majority of audio is PL.
Over all mod is 2.0 KHZ, with 1.9 being PL and very little audio.

If I am not mistaken, I thought you had to input the audio with a 3.3 k ohm resistor and the PL with a 1 k Ohm resister to 2 different inputs on the back of the Trbo.Cannot remember where.Maybe the 48 jr is not the right interface for the Trbo.Any thoughts?
John
Pump3

Re: Mototrbo and Zetron 48 jr

Post by Pump3 »

There is only one audio input on the trbo repeater, you need to mix them together at the right level into the one pin (Pin 11) I just hooked a CSI Community Repeater Panel to a XPR8400 and went through this, here is a diagram from the Mototrbo system planner:

efc

Post by efc »

Thank you,

I thought,but tried several configs.,that I tried this pinout already.On the back of the Zetron are the following adjustments:

1.TRANSMIT = TRANSMIT AUDIO TO TRBO

2.RECEIVE = RECEIVE FROM TRBO

3.CARRIER = PHONE LINE INPUT TO THE ZETRON.

I thought there was something special you had to do to the TRBO other than the programming setup supplied to me by Moto.
Maybe I was mistaken, or maybe the zetron has got some issues with audio above 300Hz?

Thanks
John
Pump3

Post by Pump3 »

When I installed my CSI tone panel I had to open the unit up and adjust the CTCSS modulation pot slightly as well as a resistor

Is there a need to use the 48jr to control repeater functions? If you were using it on a single repeater tone, and not sharing it with multiple PL users, couldn't you just let the repeater handle PL encoding so that when the 48jr PTT keyed the repeater, it would transmit your CPS programmed tone

also confirm, you have Audio Type set to Flat Unsquelch in CPS
efc

Post by efc »

Thank you,

I do need to have the zetron control the repeater as a base because of a phone interconnect.I will have to still tinker with it.

thanks
John
Pump3

Post by Pump3 »

If your only using it for phone interconnect and not for phone interconnect/multiple PL's I can't see why you cant let the XPR generate and tx the PL and only hookup the audio/cor/PTT connections
efc

Post by efc »

Well, there is a thought, I could probably do that............
John

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”