Mototrbo Selective Calling

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fireinterceptor
New User

Mototrbo Selective Calling

Post by fireinterceptor »

Just wondering if any of you have experimented and/or implemented a good "fire page" system on the Mototrbo radios. My fire department changed over to Mototrbo about six months ago, and so far, we are pleased. We had to learn to live without QCII, which has been the biggest challenge. Our radio programmer devised a work-around solution so that we can be "paged" out to calls. Are there any methods available in digital mode that comes close to QCII?
Pump3

Re: Mototrbo Selective Calling

Post by Pump3 »

I know of a few departments that use Mototrbo, and had a couple dozen Minitor 5 pagers they didnt want to give up, so the shop set the repeater up in Dynamic Mixed Mode, and dispatch sends the pages in analog, to the pagers or analog "page" channels in the portables but all other voice traffic is digital
fireinterceptor
New User

Re: Mototrbo Selective Calling

Post by fireinterceptor »

We have a Talkgroup set up for paging. Dispatch sends out an audible tone on that Talkgroup, which can be heard on our main digital Fire Talkgroup. We can switch our radios to the "Fire Page" Channel, and the only traffic the radio will hear is if dispatch (or another radio user) transmits on the Page Talkgroup. It works very well, except on occasion, when our dispatch transmits the tones, they forget to switch the dispatch console to the Page Talkgroup. When that happens, any of our users who have their radio on the Page Channel will NOT hear the call. I guess this isn't really Selective Calling, but I don't know what other options are available that will work better in digital mode.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”