TRBO DIGITAL PROGRAMMING

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BigJim

TRBO DIGITAL PROGRAMMING

Post by BigJim »

Can the XPR4550 be programmed to monitor other UHF TRBO Repeaters running digital if all you know is the operating frequency? We are still running an analog system as we have quite a few non-digital radios still iin service.

Also can the 4550 be programmed to operate simplex on digital? My unit is capable of both analog and digital.

I'm fairly new to the TRBO units and have only programmed conventional freqs and tones so far.

Thanks for any and all info on this subject!!

BJ
wavetar
Administrator

Re: TRBO DIGITAL PROGRAMMING

Post by wavetar »

You would have to know the repeater's color code, and the talkgroup number(s) to monitor. There is no "Digital CSQ" like in the Astro series to unmute everything. Then of course they could also be using 16 or 42 bit encryption as well.

Yes, the radios can operate in digital mode on simplex as well, but you lose the 2-for-1 TDMA...so only one conversation at a time.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Batboard $upporter

Post by 515 »

This utility works good for finding out the timeslot, color code and talkgroup info, and determining if they use encryption (privacy) or not:

https://github.com/IanWraith/DMRDecode

All you need is an analog receiver with a discriminator tap. Feed that discriminator audio to your PC's sound card line-in jack, and run the program.
BigJim

Post by BigJim »

Thank you guys!!
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

wavetar wrote: Then of course they could also be using 16 or 42 bit encryption as well.
16 or 42 bit? Basic Privacy is 8 bit and advanced Privacy is 40 bit. I'm not sure what the 16 or 42 is referring to.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”