TRBO CPS 7.6 Posted on MOL

Post by escomm »

Release notes to follow...
RFguy

Re: TRBO CPS 7.6 Posted on MOL

Post by RFguy »

What's new in this release:

7.6 (Build 384)

Support for Linked Capacity Plus feature.

Support for Bluetooth Programming feature on MOTOTRBO 2.0 and SL Series radios
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Do you see anything about fixing the audio bug in XPR5550 mobile radios that resulted from the refresh modulator on the LCD?? I don't see any release notes on MOL
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

The reason for release of 7.6 is because of CLS and firmware version R01.09.00.If you where at that web class on Tuesday for Linked Capacity it was mentioned in.
Last edited by t95mwp on Thu May 03, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

escomm wrote:Do you see anything about fixing the audio bug in XPR5550 mobile radios that resulted from the refresh modulator on the LCD?? I don't see any release notes on MOL
That would be more a firmware update, not CPS.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

wavetar wrote:
escomm wrote:Do you see anything about fixing the audio bug in XPR5550 mobile radios that resulted from the refresh modulator on the LCD?? I don't see any release notes on MOL
Right, but since the CPS is out, and the CPS goes hand in hand with the new firmware files, one would think the release notes might make reference to the fix. Obviously the firmware is around the corner since the CPS has been released
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

MOTOTRBO Customer Programming Software
Table of Contents

1. Introduction

2. What's new in this release

3. Requirements

4. Installation, Removal

5. Legal notice

6. Motorola Solutions Publically Available Software Legal Notices Document
1. Introduction

Welcome to the MOTOTRBO Customer Programming Software (CPS) for the MOTOTRBO radios.
2. What's new in this release

Version

Notes

7.6 (Build 384)

Support for Linked Capacity Plus feature.

Support for Bluetooth Programming feature on MOTOTRBO 2.0 and SL Series radios

7.0 (Build 356)

Support for Analog Vote Scan feature.

Support for 5Tone feature.

Support for Voice Announcement feature.

Support for Intelligent Audio feature.

Support for SL Series radios.

6.8 (Build 340)

Support for XPR 6580 IS models.

6.7 (Build 327)

Support for Connect Plus Mandown feature.

Support for Howling Suppressor feature.

Support for Noise Suppressor feature.

6.5 (Build 289)

Support for Digital Telephone Patch feature.

Support for One-Touch Telemetry Revert feature.

Support for Enhanced Channel Access feature in Conventional Mode.

Support for Power Alert Disable and Text Message Alert features.

6.0 (Build 244)

Support for IP Remote Repeater Programming feature.

Support for Enhanced GPS feature.

Support for Transmit Interrupt feature in IP Site Connect and Capacity Plus Modes.

Support for converting from MOTOTRBO Conventional Radios to 3600 Trunking Capable Radios.

Support for Analog Voting feature for MTR3000 repeaters.

Support for VHF Range on MTR3000 repeaters.

5.6 (Build 223)

Support for extended ramp-up time for 3600 Trunking Capable Radios.

Support for Dynamic Mixed Mode feature for MTR3000 repeaters.

Support for 800/900 Bands for MTR3000 repeaters.

Support for Transmit Interrupt feature in Conventional Mode for MTR3000 repeaters.

5.5 (Build 213)

Support for converting from 3600 Trunking Capable Radios to MOTOTRBO Conventional Radios, 350MHz, Canada Full Frequency Range and Talk Group Scan List.

5.2 (Build 189)

Support for Dynamic Mixed Mode feature.

5.1 (Build 179)

Support for Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium and Professional Editions.

5.0 (Build 177)

Support for Transmit Interrupt feature.

Support for Quik Call II feature.

Support for Home Revert feature.

Support for up to 32 MDC systems.

Support for 800/900 Bands models.

Support for T3000A UHF Range 1 and Range 2 model.

Support for 3600 Trunking Capable Radios

4.6 (Build 163)

Support for purchasing radio features.

4.5 (Build 144)

Support for Capacity Plus feature.

4.0 (Build 112)

Support for IP Site Connect feature.

Support for Enhanced Privacy feature.

Support for up to 1000 Channels with memory utilization information.

Support for Table View configuration of Channels, Calls and Signaling Systems.

Drag and drop feature enhanced to support General Settings, Accessories, Buttons, Text Messages, Telemetry, Menu, Privacy and Network.

Support for cloning multiple (4) devices from a single archive simultaneously.

3.6 (Build 97)

Support for In Call Criteria and Digital Microphone Gain configuration.

Fix for the error message issue when there is no audio device available.

Fix for non-GPS radio cloning issue using the codeplug version less than 03.00.08 archive files.

3.5 (Build 88)

Support for GPS Revert feature.

Support for UHF Band 2 models.

Support to preserve sorted items.

Support for disabling warning messages.

Support for Microsoft® Windows® Vista Home Premium and Business Editions.

3.0 (Build 80)

Support for additional UHF/VHF high/low power models.

Support for searching the controls on the configuration view.

Support for getting to the selected channel from the list of channels on the zone configuration view using “Go to” feature.

Configuration of the GPIO Pins has been changed from logical pin numbers to actual physical pin numbers. Opening old archives will result in reordering of the logical pin numbers to the physical pin numbers (actual operation will not be affected). Refer to online help for the pin number mapping.

2.0 (Build 67)

Support for VHF high power models.

1.0 (Build 59)

Support for the MOTOTRBO UHF radios.

Drag and drop support between models.

Support for renaming channels, systems, calls and lists.

Support for multiple selection configuration. For example, create several Digital Channels and select them all in the tree view and set the Slot of all the Digital Channels to the same value at once.

Support for custom views and undo/redo.

Support for loading language packs in the radio to navigate radio menu and features in different languages.

Support for firmware and codeplug upgrade using the device update feature.
3. Requirements

Operating System

Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium Edition
Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional Edition

Microsoft® Windows® Vista Home Premium Edition

Microsoft® Windows® Vista Business Edition

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home/Professional Edition with SP3

Hardware Recommendations

· The application takes approximately 400 MB of free disk space on your PC. However, more space would be required to save archive files of your radios and device update packages. Each archive file or device update package varies in size depending on the features of the radio.

· For processor speed and RAM, the recommendations given by Microsoft for the release of the operating system that you are using should be sufficient.

· A USB port.

· A CD-ROM drive.

Software Recommendations

· Running multiple instances of the CPS application is not recommended.

4. Installation, Removal

Installation

You need to have Administrator rights on the target PC in order to install the software.

Follow the steps below for the CD-ROM version:

· Before inserting the CD-ROM, disable any virus scanning or firewall software, which may interfere with the installation process.

· Insert the CD-ROM containing the installation into the CD-ROM drive.

· If the installation application doesn't start within 30 seconds, the auto-run feature for CD-ROMs for you operating system is likely disabled. Browse to your CD-ROM and run the autorun.exe program. For example, if the E:\ drive is the CD-ROM, run E:\autorun.exe.

Follow the steps below for the software package version:

· Before starting the setup.exe program, disable any virus scanning or firewall software, which may interfere with the installation process.

· Unzip the CPS package to a directory of a local disk.

· Browse to this directory and run the setup.exe program.

If a previous version of CPS has already been installed, you will be given the option to “Repair” or “Remove”. If you are upgrading the CPS, then remove the previous version and start the installation process again. If you are re-installing the CPS, then choose the repair option.

Note:

1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable, which is installed as part of CPS installation, will not be re-installed thru the Repair option.

Removal

From the Start button on the task bar of your operating system, select Settings > Control Panel. Select the Add/Remove Programs option within the control panel. Select the MOTOTRBO Customer Programming Software item in the "Currently installed programs" box and click the remove button.
5. Legal notice

Motorola Solutions and MOTOTRBO are registered trademarks of Motorola Solutions, Inc.

Microsoft® and Windows® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Inc.
6. Motorola Solutions Publically Available Software Legal Notices Document
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

escomm wrote:
wavetar wrote:
Right, but since the CPS is out, and the CPS goes hand in hand with the new firmware files, one would think the release notes might make reference to the fix. Obviously the firmware is around the corner since the CPS has been released
Normally, yes, but this one was a bit strange. Firmware 1.9 was shipping with radios a couple months ago (we have a batch of CSA approved 'blue' radios received with 1.9 in March) and 7.5 was needed to read them, as well as the SL series. I guess 7.6 just gave access to the LCP features?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Not to mention that the XPR5000 radios have a firmware range of R02.xx, so they're not following the nomenclature of the 4000 and 6000 series. Great fun. Plus, CPS goes from 7.5 to 7.6, when firmware goes from R01.08 to R01.09? Would be nice if they could somehow unify FW and CPS like they did with Astro25.... if only they had some best practices for their business teams to follow in this regard....;)
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

I agree with you 100%,we have brought up that issue to the big M and guess what,it has not been done yet anything at all.It looks that Motorola only cares how much will they sell,no more great support and we are left on our own.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

i just upgraded my big lap top it seems it deleted the archives i had. unless i cant find them
RRSM
New User

Post by RRSM »

I just got an XPR5550, and the audio hums really terrible with the display on "Day". but on "Night" it still hums, just not as noticable. ...Any suggestions?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

RRSM wrote:I just got an XPR5550, and the audio hums really terrible with the display on "Day". but on "Night" it still hums, just not as noticable. ...Any suggestions?
Upgrade the firmware or turn the brightness up to maximum
RRSM
New User

Post by RRSM »

I called M today, and was told to download Firmware R02.04.00, I did, programmed the radio up, and it is still behaving the same. Should I have done something else?

I just turned the brightness all the way up, still the same (Bad background hum, sounds like static from an AM radio)

It only sounds like this on analog, does not do it on digital.

Again, with display on day, at anything past the lowest settings to highest, it has a terrible hum, on night, on the higher settings, it does it too. The dimmer the display, the lesser the noise, and vice-versa.

Help?
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

For those of you that have programmed an XPR 7550 with 7.6, how have you dealt with the error message for 25 Khz channels:

Error #1233

Unable to perform this operation. To proceed, register the 25 Khz Channel Bandwidth feature in CPS.

I get the above error when writing to the radio. Yes I have a case open with MOL to see about it, but so far no joy.
marcosorourke
What radios do you own?: XPR7550

Post by marcosorourke »

From what I understand, you will have to purchase the 25kHz option or switch those channels to 12.5kHz.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

No, it doesn't cost money, you just have to fill out some paperwork acknowledging the new narrowband rules and your agreement to comply with them

Remember that there are a large number of users not subject to narrowband. Part 74, part 22, part 97 etc etc

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”