XPR8300 loss of connection to master

Moderator: Queue Moderator

marcosorourke
What radios do you own?: XPR7550

XPR8300 loss of connection to master

Post by marcosorourke »

We have a network of XPR8300 repeaters that are all connected either through the Internet or through microwave. Occasionally the Internet connected ones lost their Internet connection. Is there a way to inhibit the repeater from transmitting if it can't see the master repeater (or any other repeaters) after a certain amount of time?

I don't want my users trying to make a call on the repeater only to find out that the Internet connection dropped.

Thank you.
wavetar
Administrator

Re: XPR8300 loss of connection to master

Post by wavetar »

Not intrinsically to the repeater...they remain active as single site comms is typically better than no comms at all.

If you could source some sort of box that could throw a relay on loss of IP connection, you could knock the repeater down with an accessory pin input, I suppose...maybe some industrial routers do this?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
TreyH

Post by TreyH »

A company called Black Box makes a network power switch called "Network Power Switch Jr." It has the ability to monitor(Ping) another network ip and if it senses a connectivity loss it can be set to power off/on/cycle (120AC) whatever is plugged into it.
However, like wavetar stated, wouldn't be a bad idea to leave comms up locally so it can at least be used by local subscribers. We have a 3 site IPSC and use RDAC to monitor any connectivity losses. You can set RDAC to send an email/text to whoever needs to know it's down.
marcosorourke
What radios do you own?: XPR7550

Post by marcosorourke »

I'd leave it up but this is a private system where we don't want to get our roaming users confused by no one responding. If there was a way to play a different talk permit tone... Oh well. Thank you Trey for the Black Box suggestion. I'll give that a look.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”