TRBO OTAP

Moderator: Queue Moderator

escomm
Queue Moderator

TRBO OTAP

Post by escomm »

Price pages indicate the 4000 and 6000 series support OTAP (over the air programming) on the model comparison matrix. No other mention of this feature is made in the price pages. No mention is made of OTAP in the system planner, except to note that encryption keys cannot be OTAP (I think the more correct term is OTAR but I digress...).

Anyone know what the comparison matrix is talking about?? I was under the impression that TRBO did not support OTAP in any form.
trumpetman12

Re: TRBO OTAP

Post by trumpetman12 »

Jeff,

Not to sure of the details, but I do know of a company in NC that is playing with this feature. They have a small Connect Plus system up for testing purposes and feature development and are slowly adding features to subscriber radios via OTAP. They're using VHF XPR6550s. They started with one channel initially, but as testers were added to the group, it was reprogrammed with a few extra BS channels and adding contacts lists.

Apparently it doesn't require the radio to be on at the time of OTAP either...once the radio affiliates the controller supposedly begins sending programming data, and from what I've heard it's very quick and efficient with little to no failed attempts reported.

That's about all I know, just that it happens, no tech stuff...yet. Hope this helps.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

I also heard it was a Connect Plus feature. Makes sense as it's a controller based system.
d119

Post by d119 »

I've programmed a few Connect Plus subscribers, and there are several references to OTAP in the Connect Plus Option Board Programmer software.

It may be that the CPOB can be OTAP'ed, but I don't know about the radio itself.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

OTAP is only supported in Connect Plus, and it's only for the option board programming. Even firmware updating can be done over the air with Connect Plus. I suspect OTAP will eventually come to Capacity Plus and conventional, since NexEdge can do it...
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”