PC not seeing DP4601 via programming cable...

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bw18
New User

PC not seeing DP4601 via programming cable...

Post by bw18 »

Hi chaps,

I am using a DP4601 (XPR5550) in the UK. Before updating to the latest FW (R02.04.00) I had no issues, now I am only able to programme via Bluetooth and the PC is not recognising/seeing the radio when trying to use a programming cable... I have checked the 'cable type' in the CPS which is set to 'Motorola Solutions'. When I plug an SL4000 or DP3600 in the PC instantly detects and allows the radio to be read/written. I have looked on 'Device Manager', and that is not detecting the radio is plugged in via the USB port.

Anybody else come accross this and have any solutions, or is this a FW issue?

Many thanks, Ben
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: PC not seeing DP4601 via programming cable...

Post by escomm »

I thought the USB connectivity issues had been ironed out... homebrew cable or OEM?
bw18
New User

Post by bw18 »

OEM... Was working perfectly fine until updating the FW. Have'nt even bothered plugging the prog cable in until earlier today (as I was purely using Bluetooth)...
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I recall a post about an MTR3000 that couldn't be read via cable with newer CPS until the laptop's bluetooth was turned off...maybe you have a similar issue?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
bw18
New User

Post by bw18 »

Yes, I have tried powering all networking connections off with no success... I am going to try on a 'fresh' computer and see if that makes any difference at all. I have a feeling this is a Firmware issue though due to the fact that if i change the cable type the radio shows up on Device Manager and 'bongs' when I plug the USB lead in. However, the CPS will not read the radio.

God knows how a future FW update will be possible, as the PC does not detect the radio...

Any moe ideas or suggestions?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Well there is an FSB out right now for XPR5350 having issues with an upgrade to R02.04.00 (FSB10647). The problem stated here is the firmware upgrade will not finalize, and Motorola says upgrade to R02.04.01. I guess this would be a little difficult if you can't get the unit to be seen by the computer, but there may be more to the story since Motorola doesn't release FSBs unless they know they have to
bw18
New User

Post by bw18 »

Just relaised that somehow I managed to put DP4601 as the title rather than DM4601... Just to confirm this is a mobile, not a portable.

I have tried on a 'fresh' computer with no success, looks like its going to be a case of waiting for a solution from M. Luckily I can still make any alterations via Bluetooth, but future FW updates could be interesting. I am going to try another programming cable just to rule that out as a problem.

Very frustrating never the less!
bw18
New User

Post by bw18 »

Just a quick update on this...

If I change the cable type in the CPS to 'Rear PC & Audio' the programming cable works. However this means there is no audio from the radio itself... Atleast when I get around to a new FW update I CAN read/write via the cable.

Bit of a pain in the backside as I have to initially read via Bluetooth, change the cable type to 'Rear PC & Audio', write back using Bluetooth and then the cable will work, albeit with no volume. This must be a bug with the Firmware version- R02.04.00

Approach this FW with caution, if I did'nt have Bluetooth I would be rather stuck! This might be limited to the EMEA region, and I am yet to hear of anyone else with an issue, but it is very annoying. As I say, atleast now I know I can update FW in the future without too much stress. I was dreading the 'return to depot' solution from my dealer :o

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”