Firmware update problem

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mmc-dsm

Firmware update problem

Post by mmc-dsm »

Hi all, when I try to update the firmware on a radio, I get "No matching package exist". I know I have the right package in my update folder. I tried putting the radio into flashzap mode, I get error #1687 "Unable to detect applicable device". What am I doing wrong here?
mmc-dsm

Re: Firmware update problem

Post by mmc-dsm »

Update : took a look in the updates folders and the update for my model is H56RDN9KA1AN_PMUE3675AA_N_R020500_030011. My radio has the good model but the tanapa is PMUE3675AB_N. Could one letter be the problem?
TreyH

Post by TreyH »

What version firmware is on the radio now? If it's too old, you may have to do an intermediate upgrade first. What version CPS are you using? You'll need 7.6 or up to install 1.09.1. I've also had trouble using the earlier programming cables (part number ending in "A") you may need a "B" cable if programming certain XPR models. Also make sure the firmware package is installed by checking the "Installed Programs" under the control panel in windows.
mmc-dsm

Post by mmc-dsm »

I have B version cable, CPS 7.6 build 384 and my radio is a brand new XPR7550. The package is installed and is in the installed programs. I just saw on MOL that an update was already available; wanted to keep the radio up to date.
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

mmc-dsm wrote:I have B version cable, CPS 7.6 build 384 and my radio is a brand new XPR7550. The package is installed and is in the installed programs. I just saw on MOL that an update was already available; wanted to keep the radio up to date.
CPS is at 8.0 now, maybe an issue there?

Dave
mmc-dsm

Post by mmc-dsm »

yeah....maybe the CPS or the B difference on the tanapa...
MikeOxlong

Post by MikeOxlong »

You'll need CPS 8 to install that firmware.

Older versions will ignore the firmware even though you've installed it.
mmc-dsm

Post by mmc-dsm »

Thank you very much for that information. Solves the problem...
jsilberberg

Post by jsilberberg »

When you say
I know I have the right package in my update folder.
you do mean that you ran the install exe and in installed the components for the firmware upgrade ..

MOTOTRBO_2.0_R020500_030011_Portable.exe << This is an install file and must be executed before loading the CPS and reading the radio .
J. Silberberg
CompuDesigns, Inc.
Atlanta, GA.
MikeOxlong

Post by MikeOxlong »

It doesn't matter as his older CPS will still not recognize the newer package.

He must have CPS8 installed before that firmware is recognized and selectable as an upgrade.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”