XPR8400 Mixed Mode - Digital becomes unresponsive.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

TreyH

XPR8400 Mixed Mode - Digital becomes unresponsive.

Post by TreyH »

Opened a case on MOL about the below issue. Was wondering if anyone else has seen this with the XPR8400s?

*** Notes 5/14/13 9:6:32 PM MOLCase Action Type: General
I have a VHF XPR8400 that has been in operation for about 6 months. It has been functioning just fine in dynamic mixed mode during that time. As of today we noticed it was unresponsive to digital transmissions but would work in analog mode. A power-cycle or codeplug write will restore digital operation but once the analog mode is used once or twice the digital mode becomes unresponsive again. I switched the repeater to digital only mode and it appears to be functioning fine in that mode. Slot 2 of the repeater serves as our GPS revert channel. Thanks for any help..
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: XPR8400 Mixed Mode - Digital becomes unresponsive.

Post by escomm »

What firmware version is it running?
TreyH

Post by TreyH »

When the problem was noticed is was on 1.09.ish. We flashed it with the latest, 2.20.10, but it still exhibited the same problem. At least it's not an intermittent problem. I can reproduce it everytime. The digital mode will work flawless until the analog mode is used once or twice. After that, no more digital mode but analog continues to work fine. strange.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I haven't seen that issue. The only suggestion I can make is the "recovery" option as it will not only reload the firmware, but also blank out & load a factory codeplug into the unit, which may get rid of any gremlins. However, I don't know what that may do to the dynamic mixed mode option...I'm thinking it'll be gone & you'll need to get a new EID through dealer support. Re-tuning will also likely be required.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
TreyH

Post by TreyH »

Motorola advised that Dynamic Mixed Mode is not compatible with GPS/ARS. Apparently it can't handle all the frequent data transmissions and goes dumb to the digital mode. Anyway, I set it to digital only and it has been working in that mode ok. It's odd that it has been working in mixed mode for several months up until now though. Thank you all for the help.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”