Analog audio into XPR8300

Moderator: Queue Moderator

trbouser
New User

Analog audio into XPR8300

Post by trbouser »

Some of you might be familiar with the WX-250 weather receiver from Computer Automation Technology. If you're not, it receives NOAA weather alerts and when they match certain criteria, the alert audio is output to a repeater. I suppose one method for connecting one of these to a MotoTrbo digital repeater would be to use a control station and attach it there. But I'm not all that keen on that option. Instead, I'd like to connect it to the back of the XPR8300. Can an XPR repeater (not base station) take analog audio in and spit it out in Trbo format? I would assume the answer is maybe because of the telephone interconnect. In case you care, this for a commercial application where the users want these alerts.

For amateur use, it would be neat to connect a traditional repeater controller, but I'm concerned about the audio quality after doing a D/A conversion in the receiver, then an A/D conversion at the transmitter on top of the inherit audio differences caused by the codec itself. Any ideas / experience?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Analog audio into XPR8300

Post by escomm »

Not without an interface to a third party app. The repeater would have no idea which timeslot or talkgroup to send it over. A control station would probably be the easiest and most cost effective way of doing this.
FMROB

Re: Analog audio into XPR8300

Post by FMROB »

Escomm, do you know of any third party apps or interface boards? i have not found any as of yet. It would be very handy to have this capability.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”