xpr 6580 3600 trunking to digital conversion

Moderator: Queue Moderator

w5gm

xpr 6580 3600 trunking to digital conversion

Post by w5gm »

I just bought a radio on feebay that was flashed for analog trunking. I want to convert it to the digital feature set.

I am running CPS9 and I have downloaded every firmware that I could from MOL. According to the docs this should be easy. Hook up the radio, click on Device>Convert. Select the firmware and codeplug level and click go.

Here is my problem. Both drop boxes for firmware are empty and all I see is None. I can never click Go.

I have installed the 3600 analog to digital files/package but it acts like I am missing something.

Can anybody shed some light on this?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: xpr 6580 3600 trunking to digital conversion

Post by escomm »

Was the radio purchased as a digital radio, or a trunking only radio? If trunking only, you need the EID to upgrade to digital operations. Sounds like your radio is trunking only and need a software upgrade.
w5gm

Post by w5gm »

escomm wrote:Was the radio purchased as a digital radio, or a trunking only radio? If trunking only, you need the EID to upgrade to digital operations. Sounds like your radio is trunking only and need a software upgrade.
Yes, it is trunking only... The docs dont say anything about paying to upgrade. It lloked like it would convert but be at a base level license with no cap+ or con+ or digital.. They should show up as available for purchase.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Not unless you're a dealer. Parts accounts can't order EIDs anymore. You need part number HKLN4429A. List price is $116.67. I sell them for $75. Without the EID, you're stuck with trunking & analog only.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Note that whoever originally purchased that radio received a discount from Motorola at the time of ordering for not selecting the digital functionality.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”