Is there scan on a XPR8400 in analog mode???

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RFguy

Is there scan on a XPR8400 in analog mode???

Post by RFguy »

Can you set a XPR8400 repeater to scan 2 analog channels?

I have an application where we have 2 different PL tones on a simplex channel to divide up 2 groups on radios.

I would like to resolve some coverage issues by converting the user to a low-power analog repeater (on-site application).

The easy way would be to have 2 frequencies with the same frequencies, but different PL tones and have it set to scan. The repeater would then repeat the PL tone that it saw on the input (the one it stoped scan on).

The alternative is to put in a repeater panel (such as a Zetron Model 38).
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Is there scan on a XPR8400 in analog mode???

Post by wavetar »

RFguy wrote:The alternative is to put in a repeater panel (such as a Zetron Model 38).
That's what you'll have to do, no scan function in the repeater.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

This is not called scanning. It's called a community repeater. Wavetar is correct
Dorf411

Post by Dorf411 »

An alternate option is something like the Vertex VXR7000 that supports multiple PL codes out of the box for less money.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

wavetar wrote:
RFguy wrote:The alternative is to put in a repeater panel (such as a Zetron Model 38).
That's what you'll have to do, no scan function in the repeater.
Thanks. I thought that was the case. I couldn't find anything in the system planner or in CPS

Dorf411 wrote:An alternate option is something like the Vertex VXR7000 that supports multiple PL codes out of the box for less money.
The user will be transitioning to MOTOTRBO in about a year, so will stay with the XPR8400 and put on a Model 38 we have around. If they weren't going that way, I would certainly consider the VERTEX. I have 3 near new VHF ones sitting on the shelf, but this user is UHF.

Thanks for the input.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”