IPSC Audio Issues

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FMROB

IPSC Audio Issues

Post by FMROB »

I accidentally posted this in infrastructure, sorry.

Hello all,

I bow my head to ask a stupid question, as I most likely am missing something very stupid. 2 site ip site connect system. One site has a cable modem with static ip and is the master. The other site is peer and has access to internet thru a corporate network to a fios modem.

If you key up either box the other box transmits, however no audio is heard.

Any ideas, has anyone seen this before. The boxes are linking thru the internet.

Thx, rob
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: IPSC Audio Issues

Post by escomm »

have you set the system up in accordance with the IPSC configuration guide ?

what kind of router are you using at each site ?
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Check your multicast addressing, and verify the company side allows multicast. You may have to do port forwarding to get it to work.
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Escomm,

Is that ipsc config guide different than the planner?

Router at the master is the cable modem with integral 4 port router/switch.

I'm not certain at the remote site, as we are borrowing some service. However it should be a fios modem/switch connected thru microwave to a non managed switch.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Yes it's quite different although probably not as detailed as it really could be. Also a PPT presentation Motorola has to aid. I received them from tech support but don't appear to be on MOL. Shocking. A simple call to TSO should get you the guides. Your router has to be able to support hairpinning and full cone NAT. This may also be part of your issue
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Put it behind a VPN - will probably work much better if the corporate network will allow for it. Once you can do that without an issue you can use any port you want inside the tunnel.

Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Hello all,

So it turns out to be a minor SU side programming issue. The guy on the other end had one digit down on the TG ID. It was strange, you could see the boxes keying, you could here a low quiet noise, but no audio. Anyway, after the programming fix, all works well. Had us shaking our heads.

As far as the equipment side, I appreciate the responses. Not using anything too special here. On the master side a cisco cable modem with integrated router/switch. Repeater connected directly to port 1 of this device.

On the peer side, a Verizon fios modem with integrated router/switch connected to a L2 switch. Goes thru a micro hop to the far end to a transparent switch, where connected to the repeater. It works, so I'm happy.

Does anyone know if the mikrotik switches support hair pinning and full cone nat?

Thx, rob

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”